Victoria Wyndham as Tracy Delmar

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

You also have to understand Fulton. She was a tireless self promoter (one of the first soap "stars," and she had a p.r. agent, etc) so you can't always take her word for things as she liked to embellish (and get the publicity of having a body guard.) Though I did know ATWT as my mom would say, "I have to see what that bitch Lisa is up to today." ) So Lisa did get under ladies skin in those days!

I think Zaz and McKinsey were probably a bit more remote and untouchable then Fulton was in public.

• Members

I'm not too sure that anyone saw Alexandra as a "villian" in it's truest form. Some would think that she was justified (to a point) with her actions against Mindy, a woman who slept with her husband and changed the blood test that proved Nick was her son. Certaintly she was more darker towards the end of Bev's tenure. maybe more of an "antihero".

As for MZ, the villainly was a little watered down during Roger's second run on the show, making his schemes more Alan-like. I am surprised Zaz didn't get any hate mail for his evilness in his first run though.

• Members

I don't think Roger was ever written as a villain until the last year or two of his original run. He was written as a somewhat damaged man who wanted good things, but his past and his mistakes kept getting in his way.

Even the rape material with Rita, which was intended to be bad, wasn't treated that way.

• Members

I think they finally tore the wig off sometime in December of '94, about halfway through his run. He was (still is, actually) hot with or without it, but he got much finer without it.

Thanks for sharing the ad! I'll gladly take anything I can see of Hoxby. He and Irizarry were on Y&R together for a few episodes, right?

I honestly never understood how Cutter never got a pairing. They tested him with Holly, he had great rapport and chemistry with Tangie, and there was even some chemistry there with Lucy (who was crippled by CLEARLY being for Alan-Michael all along) and Wendy Moniz's Dinah as well.

Can you imagine a Cutter/Dinah pairing for sheer opposites-attract value?

• Members

I remember an SOD from fall '94 where JFP was asked why she wasn't pairing Tangie/Cutter when fans liked them, and she gave a runaround answer which screamed, "They're supposed to like WHO I TELL THEM TO LIKE."

There's a Scott Hoxby interview from early 1995 where he says that he kept seeing people online talking about how bad the toupee they made him wear was, and he fully agreed, and that he finally got them to get rid of it. I was surprised because at this time the magazines only mentioned the Internet in "wow they r typing 2 peeple on computerz!!!" type articles.

Who was he on Y&R?

• Members

That's one of the first and most destructive mistakes an EP/HW can really make. Yes, I understand that constant pandering to the audience can be just as destructive (see post-Joie Manny and the return of Brad Cole after we were finally rid of boring Richard for starters), but I really think that had someone listened to the audience in this case (the popularity of Tangie and Cutter), it could have really changed some things right up.

Personally, I actually did like Tangie with the Lewises and wish those relationships hadn't been dropped after she and Josh broke up, though I think the Tangie pairing was the last time Josh was actually relevant as a character on his own (or maybe right up to when Reva appeared in Amish country) rather than as one-half (the more "expendable" half from the show's POV) of Jeva.

• Members

Speaking of Gilly (and why do I keep forgetting to mention her?), I meant to include her in with the women Cutter had some chemistry with.

Speaking as someone who did like Lucy for the most part, I think it was terrible how they just planted her in Gilly's place in the battle for Spaulding. It kind of lost some meaning and oomph, given that Lucy had no idea who Roger was and Gilly had many reasons, both personal and professional, to want to see Roger twisting in the wind.