Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Delicious, delicious scenes not long after Alexandra found out about Mindy/Roger. Putting on her best naive routine, she emotionally tortures Mindy and puts the last nail in the coffin of her relationship with Roger. THIS is what they used to call soapy. I enjoy it more than the later takedown scenes.

My favorite part is when she praises Mindy for what she can do while "flat on her back."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ8Pyrck4vM&index=6&list=UUMzfXBdkJBnz14rGTDBnVDw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxQS0TuzpTo&list=UUMzfXBdkJBnz14rGTDBnVDw&index=5

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Even though he was so often overshadowed by that firecracker Kim Zimmer, I don't think Robert Newman ever got enough credit for his portrayal of Josh. I think his low-key approach meshed very well with her super energy - and when he was given decent material he always ran with it. Too bad most of the stories he was given in the last years were turkeys, but then we can say that for most of the vets.

• Members

Newman was really good when they let him act in his own style. I do remember much of the Rauch years they would try to make him more over the top..I guess to show his "passion," but it didnt work and he would grit his teeth and scream and it was weird. Newman was especially good with the younger cast and very gentle and supportive in his scenes. He should have gotten an award just for trying to work with Marty West!

I know everyone else complained about her, but I loved Poser's Amanda. I know she would have worked better as another character, (with her exotic looks she should have been from another branch of the Spauldings. I thought Cullen's Amanda was such a drip, I loved Poser's vamp..but she could also do quiet well when they would let her. If they had just explained why Amanda was now so out there and the change from her mousy past.

I thought MOL and the Abby actress worked quite well together. Too bad they didn't keep them together..(and too bad he became a bloated fool later.)

• Members

I liked Toby Poser too. I think fans would have been OK with her (as many likely weren't even watching when Cullen was on the show) if the show had tried. Rauch toned her down, but never gave her anything to do.

Mitch, did you get to see those Alex/Mindy hospital room clips I put up higher on the page?