Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Members

iIonly saw Ratray as Scott.The Corringtons wrote off the couple.Whether they had no interest or Courtneyt wanted to leave and forced their hand,I don't know.

I don't remember Scott being killed.I thought that when Kathy came back they had divorced and he was in jail for drunk driving. Maybe I am imagining that? What happened to her son Doug?

Hendersonite,I looked through old cast lists to see if there was anybody else with the name Parker,but nothing came up.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For some reason I thought he was killed. You're probably right.

What gets me in some of those is how quickly some cliche devices are thrown in at random, like Sunny's brain tumor, or Kathy's husband cheating on her because she worked long hours. Did that happen overnight? It's like they didn't know how to end stories.

• Members

Paul, Kathy's maiden name is mentioned in Robert LaGuardia's books, The Wonderful World of TV Soap Operas and Soap World. Carl, SFT went through a slew of headwriters during the seventies especially 1974. SFT started 1974 with the Ellises, then Theo Apstein, then Gillian Houghton (aka Gabrielle Upton) and Ann Marcus.

• Members

Michael Corbett was Warren Carter. As far back as RH,he was putting his earnings into real estate(renovating and flipping) while other soap stars were putting theirs up their noses and partying. Smart gay boy!

He has written books on property and hosted and guested on TV on the subject.

• Members

Does anyone know anything about the whole story with Sam's return? I read somewhere that he got some crazy jungle virus, went insane and held Jo hostage. He died soon after and she stood trial for his murder. Also somewhere in that time period there was another hostage crises and Jo was blind and it was in the woods and she was looking for Sam, who had been shot. This all led to her and Tony marrying.

• Members

After Sam disappeared,presumed dead,Jo got involved with Tony,who had his own complications-Marcy,the wife faking paralysis to hold onto him.They divorced finally and Jo and Tony were due to be married when Sam returned -his personality affected by his ordeal in Africa..Jo broke up with Sam and planned to marry Sam,but her earlier blindness returned,this time a psychosomatic illness caused by her conflict over the two men.

On the wedding day,Jo could not go through with it and a deranged Sam took her to a cabin.Everyone assumed they had been married and were on their honeymoon.Two hippies arrived (one played by Susan Satrandon) and shot Sam.Jo escaped.She was found unconscious and her sight returned.Tony and Jo wed.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Thanks, Carl I found that. I definitely agree. I love saynotoursoap's detailed explanations on SEARCH!

Does anyone know anything about the Andrea Whiting story? is she who blamed Sam for the death of her son and he stood trial? Does anyone know what year that aired and how Jo was involved?

• Members

Andrea refused to let go of Sam to the point that she would rather kill him than let Jo have him.She had already turned Len against him.Sam was dependant on a drug(for medicinal porposes) that if combined with liquor could kill him so Andrea mixrd it into a drink.Andrea mistakenly took the drink and almost died.Sam was put on trial for attempted murder.

On the witness stand,Andrea admitted an affair with another man,whom she was seeing the night Len's twin brother died in a fire.

This all happened around 1968.Jo was involved as it affected her relationship with Sam and the fact that her son in law was Sam's son.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

In the flashback scenes that Andrea had during the trial featured Hal Linden as Larry Carter, the other man. I remember reading that Hal said he and Joan Copeland taped those scenes during a weekend. The show used the scenes several times after the trial because he got residual checks for several years after he had taped them.