Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I guess one is missing?

I didn't know that's how Wade left the show. Wow. That is extremely dark. I wonder how that played out onscreen. I hope people didn't see him being tortured or killed. The show at that point seems to have a very strong heart of darkness, if those clips of Eunice's murder are any indication.

I didn't know about Tony's first marriage either. At least it had an uplifting ending.

I didn't know Kathy and Jennifer were sisters.

Were Nathan and Bud the first back from the dead stories on soaps?

• Members

Kathy and Jennifer were not sisters. Tony found out about his wife Marcy faking her paralysis after finding his housekeeper Agnes Lake (Anne Revere) unconscious after Marcy attacked her. Agnes had seen Marcy standing and walking about and threatened to tell Tony which she did when she regained consciousness.

• Members

I personally did not like that Wade was killed off. That seemed to SFT's answer in dealing with an actor (John Cunningham who played Wade) wanting off the show. The producers did the same thing with Anthony George (Tony Vincente) when he informed them he wanted off SFT two years earlier. The powers that be probably felt that bringing in a new actor replacing a popular one was too risky. The killing off of popular characters may have brought in higher ratings at the time but damaged the show in the long run.

A note on the two characters and the actors that were involved in Wade's kidnapping and murder. Conard Fowkes played Dr. Allen Ramsey who conspired with his mistress Fay Chandler to kidnap Wade and hold him for ransom. Conard went on to play Don Hughes on As The World Turns. Kathleen Devine who played Fay went next to One Life To Live playing Dr. Pamela Shepherd the love interest of Dr. Will Vernon (who was played by Anthony George, SFT's Tony Vincente).

• Members

Wade was kidnapped because Allen needed money fast to pay off his stockbroker after his wealthy dying wife disinherited him after discovering his affair with Fay. They were going to let Wade go after getting the ransom money from Janet. Wade got loose just before Allen and Fay came in to let him go. A drunken bum came by. Fay shot Wade and the bum in order to keep from getting found out. They tried to set it up so the bum got blamed for the kidnapping and murder. Allen was the coroner and fabricated evidence to show powder burns on victims' hands. Amy Kaslo did the tests on Wade and the bum's hands and did not find powder burns. Allen told Amy that she did not have enough experience to find the burns. Amy, Bruce Carson and Gary Walton became suspicious and investigated further. They found the money in Allen's golf bag and Fay tried to kill Janet before being caught by Gary and the police.

• Members

Thanks. Well it sounds gripping, if very dark.

I was wondering what did you think of David and the psychiatrist he was involved with, played by Marilyn McIntire. I don't know a lot about those characters.

If there are any actors you'd like to see any articles on, please let me know, and I'll try to find some.

• Members

The later stories were such a mish mash.

Regarding Kathy,was her family ever mentioned or brought into play? Maybe Hendersonite could help here.

Natalie Schafer,of Gilligans Island fame played Wade and Clay's mother Helen.Brett Halsey,the first John Abbott on Y&R was Clay.

Doris Ramsay was played by Gwyda Donhowe who later played Ilsa on AW.She had previously played Dr Lee Sanderson on SFT in 72.

In 1988 she was stabbed to death by her husband Norman Kean in their apartment. He then went to the roof of the building and jumped to his death.

Edited by Paul Raven