Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Members

Thanks for reading. Yes, he does tell us so many things we wouldn't know otherwise. I never knew Dody was on Search.

I'm sorry I've never seen any of the comedy stories with Stu and Marge. The episodes that are available seem to have her in misery, which doesn't suit her at all.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hey guys. Had to share this little tidbit. Back in December, my partner Eric and I moved to Collingswood, NJ, which is just outside Philadelphia. It turns out that none other than Michael Corbett (Warren Carter on Search) was raised in our house. Michael's parents owned the house from around 1955 until circa 2005. Michael's mom still lives in the area and they sometimes come by to see the house. So, we're hoping he stops by at some point. By the by, Michael's real surname is Cianfrani. Margaret, his mother, is an artist and what's now our dining room was once her art studio. Here's her Web site, where you can see some paintings she did of Michael:

http://www.margetheartist.com/

We're fortunate that the previous owner of our house left some Cianfrani memorabilia for us, including one of Margaret's paintings and Michael's childhood ruler.

• Members

This is a May 1985 episode posted by oldtimesuds. You have to go to Youtube to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O86H0SQHgDk

How long before Sherry Mathis left? I'm not fond of the matronly way they dressed her, but I think she has chemistry with Joe Lambie. Was this written as a love story until they put her with Hogan or was she never in a real romance with Lloyd Kendall?

How long was TR with Liza and Travis before he died?

TR is draped in the bottom of the barrel for '80s hair and wardrobe!

Who was the other young guy besides Danny? It's too bad they didn't keep Danny around. But John Lopreino certainly got a good role on OLTL.

Is that girl (who played, I think, Vicky on Another Life) really Quinn's sister?

Louise Shaffer really does play Stephanie as Rae Woodard in kookier outfits.

It's strange to see Lisa Peluso as Wendy. I have never seen a lot of Wendy so I never know whether she was supposed to be a heroine or a vixen. I forgot she was with Quinn.

I actually like the therapy scenes. They're very well-written and acted, without being too preachy.

• Members

I believe someone mentioned in this thread Mathis left in June or July. So she wasn't on much longer after this clip.

From what I've gathered, the intention seemed to lean towards Lloyd / Liza with T.R. being the origin of their bond. Later, Estelle would come between them when she returned to Henderson.

I haven't seen all of the episode, but I'm assuming it was Ryder, the son of circus performers who was T.R.'s other love interest. From the episodes I saw on AOL, the teen story seemed weak.

Susan Carey (Courtney, AL) replaced Page Hannah in the role of Adair McCleary, Quinn's sister.

This is probably unpopular, but I really like what I've seen of the Avila Mayer / Braxton period. The Hogan / Liza aiffair and Wendy / Quinn / Sarah triangle always engaged me. Wendy was sort of a gray character, wasn't she? Clearly she was Stephanie's daughter and not against underhanded methods, but she seemed rather grounded for the most part.

• Members

I enjoyed this episode, so if that's unpopular then I'm with you. I thought the therapy session was very well written and acted, and something different for soaps. I prefer it to the Hogan/Liza bits I've seen later.

Was Adair gone not long after this? She wasn't in the flood stuff.

I was talking about the other young guy in the family therapy scene. He seemed to be Lloyd's son. I thought it was Chase, but then they showed Chase at the TV station.

• Members

On another thread, I mentioned that my first soap opera memory was SFT when I was very young circa 1974. There was a character named Robin who was killed (off-screen), possibly by mobsters? Seems like she may have witnessed or knew something. There was definitely a conspiracy to kill her for some reason. I don't remember who she was, what ties she had to another other characters, or who killed her. She was killed when she was trying to escape town, maybe at a bus station? As I recall, Robin was 17 years old. Does this sound familiar to anyone? The other storyline I remember clearly around this time is when Morgan Fairchild's Jennifer fell through a window after a fight with Peter Simon's Scott and ended up with a horrifying scar (at least horrifying to a 7-year old!) on her face.