Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thank you for the information on Robin. I don't remember Tony Vincente but do remember in the credits that Jo's last name was Vincente. I also remember Kathy Phillips in connection with the Jennifer/Scott/plate glass window story. She comes up to Scott at the hospital and offers sympathy on Jennifer's condition. My grandmother explained to me that Kathy and Scott were divorced. At that time, I thought all divorced people hated each other so I remember thinking it strange that Kathy would care what happened to them.

• Members

More from the summer of 1975 on SFT. Jo finally finds out from Robin what happened on the night that Tony died. Jo gets Kathy Phillips' help to send Robin back to her family. Kathy, at the time was dating the corrupt DA Sam Hunter. Sam tipped off the mob as to when Robin would be boarding the bus. The mob had Joey Kimball on the bus waiting for Robin. Joey was the one responsible for Tony's death. Scott Phillips was also on that bus drunk. Jo and Kathy did not know that Scott was also there. At the first stop off from the bus, Joey kidnapped Robin and killed her. Scott later got into an altercation with Kimball and was beaten by him. Scott later remembered that Kimball was with Robin. Robin's death was made to look like a drug overdose. but Kathy and others did not believe that. Kathy inadvertantly found out that Sam Hunter was in cahoots with the mob and she was marked for death. Kathy was put under police protection and the mob used their police contacts to find out where she was hiding. Kimball found Kathy and was about to kill her when Scott came to rescue with police officers not on the mob's payroll.

• Members

There were a number of deaths on SFT during this time. Going back to 1974, Doug Martin (Eunice's ex-husband) died. Tony Vincente (Jo's husband) died in June, 1975. Robin Kennemer died July, 1975. DA Sam Hunter was next in August, 1975. Clay Collins (Wade's brother and Stephanie's new husband) was murdered in November, 1975.

• Members

Thanks for the additional background, hendersonite. I know there was discussion upthread about Jo's sister Eunice's murder so I apologize if I'm repeating anything -- according to Wikipedia, Jo's sister Eunice was murdered in Nov. 1976 so it would have been just over a year since her husband's murder. She definitely did have a lot of tragedy in a short time.

While I was posting, I saw hendersonite's last post. I kind of remember Clay Collins' murder as well. There was a bloody shirt found in someone's house. Maybe Janet's? It wasn't her, but wasn't his killer an unbalanced young woman instead? If I am remembering right, then SFT also had a couple of those in a short amount of time since Jennifer killed Eunice.

Edited by tune_in_tomorrow

• Members

Stephanie married Jennifer's father after Clay. Jo was shot in May, 1976 before Stephanie married Walter Pace. Kathy's abortion story was interesting. She was from the beginning a womens lib character and a baby did not fit into starting a career as an attorney. She got the abortion shortly before she married Scott the first time in June, 1972.

• Members

Was DA Sam Hunter any relation to the earlier character of Dr Nick Hunter? Soap vet Stephen Joyce played the role.

Yes Kathy aborted Scott's child.

Len was also shot during those years by Hal Conrad,who had murdered Doug Martin and Jo too was shot. (by criminals after her latest beau Chris Delon)