GL: September Discussion

• Members

Yeah...I could sit back and nitpick things (NO Vanessa? WTF??) but in the end, I admit, it affected me. Finally, Wheeler pulled something out of her ass that didn't suck. The song for the montage was perfect (unlike the jarring Carribean jango that underplayed Alan's "memorial" for example)...

I will admit, I didn't get the Dinah/Mallet scene at all---I didn't understand if we were supposed to be seeing someone get married as a "surprise" or wtf...

I wished they'd played up the Rick/Mindy relationship more in these last couple weeks before giving us that happy ending..seriously, I could have done without another Danny/Michelle mention.

And something else I wanted to mention---if FrankieD needs another job, he might want to think about being his daughter's agent. I think that kid's got talent.

I thought it odd Lizzie seemed to have no idea about who Fletcher was at all.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had mixed feelings with these final episodes. My GL died a long time ago, so I can't be as upset about what was or wasn't in the finale, because I was amazed they even bothered to do as much as they did. It was sort of a could have been better/could have been worse scenario. Like they should have given more airtime to Rick and Mindy getting back together, but I was just glad to see Mindy again, and that Rick got a happy ending. I was bewildered by the horrible haircuts on both Danny and Michelle, but I'm glad they moved back to Springfield, even if she never had any scenes with Ed. Poor Ed and Holly were so irrelevant they were shoved at the end of Thursday and no one even noticed their absence, but at least they got a happy ending!

Is it silly to admit the only moment where I came close to crying was when Bill said, "I miss Ben" and Fletcher said "I miss him too" :( I loved Ben so much. Damn you, Ellen Weston and John Conboy. As others have said, I was taken aback that Lizzie knew nothing of Fletcher, but then she was a very small child when he left Springfield. Poor Fletcher seemed to have lost most of his spark. I'm glad he and Alex got to live happily ever after. She always put her family before him but is finally putting herself first. Too bad they didn't remember Nick and Susan...or Alan-Michael, or Amanda...ANYWAY. Marj Dusay has done splendid work over these past few weeks, and she was the one who made me grieve Alan's death. Bev will always be my Alex, but Marj deserves praise.

I thought the ending for Jeffrey was appropriate, although the music and the fight scene were so terrible, the worst of GL, and Edmund's taunt was kind of overdone, although DAM looked HOT HOT HOT. I'm glad Edmund got to live and that he was smart and gleefully proud of his bad self. Is it what I wanted for Edmund? Not exactly. Could his fate have been worse? Yes. I'll take what I can get.

I wish jfung79 still posted here, because I think they must be proud of EJ Bonilla's work in the final episodes. I was very impressed by his goodbye scene with little Emma.

Was anyone else distracted by the Spaulding servants being recast again? What happened to the cute gay guy working for Alan a few years ago? And was anyone distracted by Jonathan's daughter not aging at all in the year jump, even though the other kids had noticeably aged?

I'm glad Matt got a happy ending, even if he was an afterthought.

Happy about Blake and Frank, even if Blake seems to have lost most of her personality due to Cooperitis. Did anyone else cringe at Frank's daughter being named Francesca? I don't like when parents do that to kids. It's like Victor/Victoria and Nikki/Nick on Y&R.

Surprisingly my favorite part of the finale was Dinah and Mallet. Was it just me or did Mallet look REALLY REALLY happy to be near Dinah? Especially at the end. When did he EVER look happy around Marina? Ever? Robert Bogue and Gina Tognoni have crazy chemistry.

Otalia became so boring and so tacked on. What a huge waste of fan support, talent, and chemistry. GL should have just kept them as friends.

Losing GL, it was like losing my childhood, losing my grandmother again. Losing what helped make me who I am. I have mourned GL off and on for 15 years so I don't quite know if I am saying goodbye, but I feel like a part of me will be saying goodbye for the rest of my life.

• Members

Yeah; I definitely think Wheeler should have taken more of a stance on the "Where is Jeffrey" thing. No, it's not up to us. If it was up to us, GL would come on again Monday. No, Ellen, it was YOUR story, so YOU could have done the decent thing and given viewers some damn closure. That's all they wanted. Not taking a stance beacuse you fear you'll upset a fanbase is a sweet gesture, but not for a finale like this.

Overall, I think the episode was a 9. Definitely wish they would have featured or mentioned key characters like Ed, Vanessa, Holly, Harley, etc.

Call me old-fashioned, but I was wanting a cliffhanger. As Josh and Reva rode off into the sunset together, I kept expecting the truck to crash or something.

I am very glad, though, that Josh and Reva got their happy ending, though. That's all that I was really worried about. Although, KZ did say in an interview that she doesn't think Josh/Reva will ever get married again. I guess that means they'll just be one of those couples that stays together for a long time, but never marries (because of fear that something will go wrong once they marry).

I also am happy Dinah and Mallet reunited. ITA with whoever said that RB and GT have crazy chemistry. Duh!! I've been thinking that for years! :P I just wish I had more of a clear picture of what they were doing in the one year flash forward. Watching a wedding, I know, but are they running? Are they together? Are they friends? What?

P.S. A big thanks to anyone who can explain the "Elaine, Elaine" Dinah said in the church. ;)

• Members

"elaine elaine!" is from The Graduate- when Benjamin goes to try and stop Elaine's wedding in the movie and to get her attention he bangs on a window at the church and screams Elaine Elaine!

In one of the first scenes with RB and GT as Dinah and Mallet, Tammy was going to marry Sandy and Dinah was upset she wasnt invited and Mallet asked her if she was going to run in shouting Elaine Elaine to disrupt the wedding...i think thats how it played out.

• Members

What happened with Marina and Mallet (evidently they broke up). I was an "occasional" GL viewer and last time I watched the show, Mallet and Marina were raising Shayne's baby. Did Marina end up with Shayne since Mallet and Dinah are together?

Archived