GL: September Discussion

• Members

After watching the scenes, I couldn’t help but to think that if they did get married down the line, it would probably be invalid since Jeffrey didn’t exactly die.

When I heard that name, my mind instantly went to one Mallet’s earlier stories on the show before being paired with Harley, when Derwin’s Mallet fell in love with the daughter of a mob boss, who’s name was Francesca.

He really did seem a lot more happy.

I did love Olivia and Reva’s conversation about Josh and Reva joking about Natalia. Seeing those two so amicable reminded me of what a long way these two have come, from being rivals, to being sort of friends. I kind of think CC and KZ kind of have this really noticeable chemistry about them.

me who I am. I have mourned GL off and on for 15 years so I don't quite know if I am saying goodbye, but I feel like a part of me will be saying goodbye for the rest of my life.

You stated just how I feel about it. I recently moved into the house I grew up in, and watching the final episode there really made me emotional and remember all the times when I was little and would come home from school and watch the show. :(

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

BTW, did anyone else practically fall out of the seat when we heard Josh and Reva's theme during the reunion? I NEVER thought we would hear that cue again. SIGH. But that shows to me that they could have been using REAL soap cues all this time and CHOSE not to. Personally, the worst part of the technical changes was the almost catatonic music they used to score scenes. Perhaps had they kept it the same, then maybe it would have been just a little more tolerable.

• Members

Looking back on this final week alone, the show and Wheeler & company kind of set a lot up for the future, meaning a lot for fan fiction writers to tap into should they want to create a fan faction about the show from its official onscreen ending.

- Bridget says Peter will be attending Springfield U, which means this character with a number of important connections to various other characters is in town.

- It also appears Bridget and Dylan have reunited and possibly coming back or will be making regular trips to Springfield.

- Danny and Michelle are back in Springfield for good.

- Mindy is back in Springfield for good.

- Ed and Holly finally have the chance to make it. It REALLY bothered me that they weren't present in the "one year later" segment at Rick and Mindy's wedding.

- There's Reva and Josh's reunion and the unresolved Jeffrey/Edmund mess (which is probably better left unresolved).

There's a host of other things I know I'm forgetting.

• Members

LOL! Pretty much. Look at it this way, at least fans have the benefit of coming up with their own storylines, rather than having to settle for what the actual writers of the show would have come up with (which in all likelihood probably would have flopped hard).

Peter has always intrigued me as a character. I mean, could he have ended up like his grandfather Roger Thorpe? Could have ended up with a personality close to one of the original Reardon siblings, like Tony for example (since his mother Bridget was her generation's equivalent to Nola), or was he completely unique?

I guess its better the character didn't come back since all that's left in his age group are Daisy, Ashley, Rafe, and James. Characters for the most part that have always sucked...

And oh, and in my story, Bridget and Nola (who returns with Quint) repurchase Company from Buzz and run it themselves, along with the old boarding house.

• Members

I'm sorry if I'm repeating things others have posted, but I've avoided this thread for the majority of the week cuz I haven't had a chance to watch. That being said, apart from a few minor things, Monday's episode was absolutely fuckin FABULOUS! I never thought I'd say that about a show produced by EW and written by JLH, but they've proven me wrong.

I loved seeing Nola and Bridget again. And although it was brief, Nola and Vanessa talking a little. I'm hoping that I see more of them this week.

Lillian's graveside talk with Maureen was nice. I'm very happy they chose to use traditional background music for that scene.

The weddings were great. I'M SO HAPPY VANESSA AND BILLY ARE BACK TOGETHER!!!!!

I'm literally typing this with tears in my eyes, y'all! Can't wait to see the rest of the week.

• Members

Awww....I liked that they named the baby Francesca. I don't know why, but the name popped into my head as soon as Nat lamented they should make Frank feel included.

I've always scratched my head at the decision not to SOARS any of Blake's kids. (New-ish viewers probably wouldn't even know Blake had kids..) God forbid Wheeler ever remember anything Marler after killing off Ross. But those kids were Roger's grandchildren. Talk about the possibilities.

• Members

I hadn't watched GL regularly in about 5 years, having been a fan since around 1985, and you summed up most of my thoughts, too! I'm glad Ed & Holly, Rick & Mindy and Frank & Blake were given a happy ending even though all these characters could have had significantly more airtime leading up to it.

I was shocked by Alan's death and a little disappointed by some of the characters left out of his funeral, especially Alan-Michael, Amanda, India and Vicky. I wish there had been continuity with the servants, too.

If only Jeffrey had stayed dead! I couldn't care less if Edmund were alive or dead as long as he's no longer in Springfield.

I would also give the final episode a 9.

Dinah/Mallet were great together. I'm glad I miss his hookup with Marina!

I was a huge Josh/Reva fan up until the clone story so in my mind they're happily reconciled and Jeffrey is really dead!

• Members

I once had a big old story idea for Jason and Kevin Marler, featuring Holly, Blake, and as this was before his death, Ross and Carrie Todd, who I'd wanted Marcia Cross to play; this was pre-DH (later, I considered using a recast Sonni Carrera). It required Jason and Kevin to be SORASed into Vicky/Marley-esque identical twins as opposed to fraternal, but hey, stranger things have happened with kids on soaps.

I think I'll still hold onto it someday, if GL ever got a nice 12-episode mini on SoapNet or something.

• Members

I always thought there would be a gold mine of potential if one of Blake's twins were to turn out gay. I think the character of Blake would be amazing in the role of protective mother/meddling mom, especially if one her children were to fall in love with someone she didn't approve of.

• Members

I'm always for the gays but I had something much more sinister in mind which would've contrasted them with another grandchild of Roger's, Peter Reardon. I figured one of Nola's kids was prime for turning gay (I mean, can't you just see Lisa Brown?), but the twins were something different. Oh, I told the whole story here once, I don't think it's in the archives anymore.

Archived