Y&R: Episodes discussion, Week of August 31

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, here's hoping for two things this week. First, that they follow up on Friday's cliffhanger (They showed Paul in the previews, so they MIGHT) and I hope they do SOMETHING with Sharon Case's hair so she doesn't look like her head has been molested by a weed eater.

• Members

Lorie and Vanessa!

To think Bill Bell spent years and years building that story, didn't he?

Today, Vanessa would show up in March. By May, she would rape Brock to have a late in life child. By June, realizing she's not pregnant, she would have stolen Prentiss Brooks and gone to live in a cave. By July, she would have run down Liz Foster in a shocking escape attempt. By August, she'd be working with suddenly psycho Derek Thurston to gaslight Katherine. Then by September, the show would have forgotten about the story and just said she moved to Switzerland.

• Members

Yeah, Carl... with this pacing we have now, that's about how it would have played out. And to think Vanessa was the only suicide this show ever had. These writers now don't have the BALLS to do suicide. Bill Bell did shock and awe as well, but his shock and awe had real GRAVITAS. We'll see what Haiduk does this week, she's been quite good, and the actors have been really saving things of late. I have the say, Stafford better watch out with her negotiations... Haiduk is well liked, and could easily supplant her on the canvas. Stafford's been phoning it in the last few days. I don't know what her issues are.

He needs to give us a full frontal nude scene, THEN he can die.

• Members

That's KT Stevens (?), as Vanessa Prentiss. Vanessa was mother to Lance and Lucas Prentiss. She had a veil because Lucas had started a fire and she was scarred, I think. She hated Lorie, who was married to Lance and in love with Lucas, and spent years battling her. Finally she decided to throw herself off the balcony of her penthouse and make it look like Lorie had pushed her. She befriended Lorie and mended fences with her all while sending letters to herself from Lorie's postmark, letters containing threats. Then she invited Lorie over, went to the balcony with her, screamed, "Lorie, what are you doing!!" and threw herself over.

• Members

A small correction. The penthouse was Lorie's (famous) set. You can see it in the clips below (taken from just before Victor and Nikki's wedding). Vanessa went over Lorie's balcony...further indicting the young anti-heroine. Of course, (the bland, Dennis-Cole version) husband Lance left Lorie over this...and eventually Victor stole Lance's company as revenge for the betrayal of Lorie. Lance skulked out of town a damaged, purposeless man. But he had already been damaged when John McCook left the role anyway.

I guess this isn't current "episodes" discussion, eh? :lol:

• Members

Since MJ is established as having plastic surgery, I wish they could show flashbacks of LS' Patty with Paul. Do they have to pay LS if they do that?

Does Nina know Chance is working as a cop? I'd like to see her possible fears, since Phillip "died" at a young age, and so did Ryan. I know they weren't cops but Nina might still have that fear.

• Members

But therein lies the rub. Sure, Lilibet had scenes with DD, but Patty's "high drama" played out under Andrea Evans. And, with both of those actresses, I remember Paul mostly involved in other storylines (Nikki, the cult, April)...it wasn't a particularly interactive sibling pair (retconned history notwithstanding).

But even if it is just a flash, I agree with you. I would be nice to see the historical clips...even if they had to pay some residuals to the earlier actresses.

Excellent suggestions on Nina. Am I the only one who can barely stand to watch Chance as a cop, since they didn't establish him going through the police academy or anything? I'd tolerate it if they said he had been an MP or NCIS or something...then I'd understand the transfer of skill and experience. But I didn't get the sense that Chance was anything but a grunt over in Iraq...and that would not qualify him to be any kind of cop.

Things like this TOTALLY take me out of a storyline, and then I can't watch it anymore.

• Members

Ok... FINALLY, we get some follow up on Monday's show! I was wondering if I was seeing things! I liked today's show alot. Doug Davidson did wonderful, as ususal. Mark, I also have a hard time buying Chance as a cop. It was just thrust upon us in a matter of DAYS. It's obvious that the writers have made the decision to tie Haiduk to Stern (With the blonde hair, as Evans was a redhead)so I, also would love to see a flashback. Since it was Stern who married Jack, we could see clips of her with Paul BEFORE the wedding, or with Carl and Mary... SOMETHING. OF course, to use clips, not only do they have to pay Stern, they must get her permission. If they were airing entire eppies on soapnet or whatever, they wouldn't need her permission, however. I think it would make a rich contribution to what is going on right now.

Archived