Y&R: Episodes discussion, Week of August 31

• Members

Greg.. I think Beth Maitland is gonna show up later this week, and she's ALWAYS worth watching, even if she's just burping into the camera. There are things to enjoy, it's just like a salad you have to pick at, unfortunately... when the scoobies were on every day, the only thing worth eating that week was the croutons on Friday. This week, the dressing and tomatoes are good, but the lettuce is still wilted from the breakneck pacing.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Basically I've come to ask myself this question: Is Ashley's craziness in the same category as Patty's? Will we have to worry about her poisoning children and talking to stuffed cats as well? Or will they send Ashley off and then bring her back as a PR agent by the name of Sue Ellen.

• Members

Today. Wow. Victor needs to PAY. How dare he tell Paul that he's only upset because of his failure as an investigator and as a brother????!!!! I wish he would have told him that Sabrina and his baby died as God's punishment for him being such a vindictive and evil BASTARD! Now, Billy Miller was a wet dream today, he looks FAR better scruffy.

• Members

There is fascinating sabotage going on with the Victor character, and I am shocked that he doesn't recognize it.

By pairing him with the incompetent BARDWELLS, using them as his henchmen, it makes Victor seems as deludely ineffective as Burgess Meredith's "Penguin" on the 1960s Batman. Can Braeden be blind to this??

I won't see the show till late tonight. But if Victor is savaging Paul, he needs to die. Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........

• Members

I think the point of these scenes is to make sure Victor has story with people he can be superior to. This does not work that well with some characters, because even when Victor berated them or they did what he wanted, they never completely seemed like yes-men. So that's why Michael is no longer as much in the story, why Brad is gone. They completely emasculated Jack so he would look inferior to Victor. Jill is now completely pathetic and defeated, no match for Victor. His children are no match for him, aside from Adam, who is presented as evil, and Victor is a good person for putting up with him. Colleen, Nikki, Paul, they all need to look inferior to Victor.

They've run out of characters to trash, there are only so many left. They won't want to put their favorites, like Billy, in that role, so they are reduced to bad props like Gloria and Jeffrey.

• Members

^^^ Toups, I agree with the condescending Victor but I'd love for him to finally get his comeuppance which are beyond overdue at this point!

I disagree about Billy Miller though he certainly is hot no matter but I was turned off by the character today. Victor needs to die!

• Members

I don't actively seek out spoilers when I think the show is GOOD. Since it's not even decent to me and many others, spoilers are what we have to live by. I'm not an active spoiler whore and I don't follow them as religiously as others, but I need them to get by when the show sucks.

I didn't get specific....

and I have no intention to, unless someone asks me via PM or in the potpourri thread.

• Members

Sorry, it's really hard to post anything when the show is in the state it's in. I can barely comment on the individual episodes anymore, because the show isn't changing for the better and I feel like many of these problems are fixable and have been happening way too much on the show for such a long time...

Very rarely are spoilers posted in there, it's just heated arguments that consume that thread.

Archived