GL Fan Fave Joins ATWT

• Members

Sheesh, did you guys hate All in the Family too? It had tons of yelling.

Tom was the best actor to come out of GL in years, IMO. I've long thought he was too good for today's daytime, even though TIIC overused his raw emotion. ATWT will waste his talent. Some of you might think he overacts, but his character was full of anguish and conflict; I've known people who scream just as much in real life, sad to say. GL might've had some of the worst actors ever in the last few years, but he, along with Justin Deas and Jordan Clarke, helped make it watchable.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually I did. :o

That clip on the Emmys where he was jumping on Tammy's hospital bed was a good example of why I don't care for him as an actor. I just saw the actor, not a character. I have that problem with Justin Deas sometimes.

• Members

He SUCKS. Ugh...all this "star" casting SUCKS. Herring, Damon, even Judi Evans---complete waste of my time.

At least maybe he can destroy a couple of sets I'm sick of seeing every day. Hopefully, it's only a short term gig...we all know he's more interested in being a "star"---not a lowly soap actor. :rolleyes:

• Members

Really?!?!? I caught an ep last week and there are a couple things I don't get:

- James Stenbeck back AGAIN?!?! Talk about plot-driven bullcrap.

- EVERYONE was yelling. Henry, Barbara, Emily, Paul....etc. I had to turn off the TV.

- James is Henry's father? Um, nope.

I didn't think it was watchable at all. GL is more watchable than this drivel.

JMHO.

• Members

As much as I can't stand Pelphery, this is a casting coup for ATWT. He is in high demand. GH desperately wanted him for Dante. ATWT must have had to pay him tons of money to get him and he must not have been getting much work, not a surprise there. Peck may not be the only long time actor hitting the streets. They have to pay for Pelphrey somehow. I may have to watch to see how he helps ruin ATWT. It is history after all. Not often the same main actor and headwriter move from one soap they helped to cancel to another soap that they are sure to help get canceled.

LOL! I'm most spit out my water on the keyboard.

• Members

My dear, Judi Evans, Lynn Herring, Colleen Zenk Pinter, Maura West, and a variety of other people on this show, are not bad actors. If anything, there's only a select few bad apples in the bunch, but they’re not the majority. I'm more worried about ATWT not doing their cast justice with their craptastic writing team.

Psh ATWT fans, I think you guys are lucky. If you had Jill Farren Phelps helming the show, you'd get a special stand alone episode featuring Pelphrey yelling and screaming and all that nonsense. I think with Goutman and Pissante, TP might find himself quite bored, that if DK's ideas doesn't influence the writing too much.

• Members

If I was a soap producer, I wouldn't be casting actors like Tom Pelphrey who have made it clear they have no intention of remaining in the soap medium long term. See also: actors who use the soaps as a stepping stone to bigger things or a stopgap between other jobs.

Also, the last thing ATWT needs is more newbies/recasts. If anything, they should be bringing back old faces (and I dont mean old faces from other shows...)

• Members

I have mixed feeling about TP, but the idea that he is going to help ATWT get canceled is laughable. That ship has sailed TP or no TP. Any actor who takes a job on soaps right now (unless its Y&R or B& B ) is very likely going to go down with the ship, but that doesn't mean they made it happen.

• Members

This is more in line with what I was thinking. I honestly believed that there was a very good chance he'd never do a soap again. Unless he "had to", and what does that mean really (good, quick money in a medium that probably loves him more than he loves it). I thought he'd stick it out in L.A. longer, I don't know if he returned to the east for personal or professional reasons, maybe a bit of both, but if he's going to be living here and wants to make a living as an actor, it's pretty hard to do so when you subtract soap work from the equation. Do we know if this is a contract or recurring role? He's said rather recently in interviews that being signed to a soap was not something he was interested in. I can understand why he wouldn't want to make that commitment if he's got the itch for film. I wouldn't put money on it but maybe ATWT has given him some contractual leeway in terms of film/primetime endeavors? Who knows. Plus, I think he's too polite to come right out and say it, but maybe, just maybe he's been thrown some "Soaps don't mean sh!t" shade out in Hollywood, you know, some jerk telling him he can go eat corn on the cob with his two Daytime Emmys.

Archived