Y&R: is Tammin Sursok out?

• Members

I don't really think MAB is the major problem, it's the hack's she works with paired with her own lack of ideas. As others have said her hubby won't fire her, but a nice EP title with a NEW Head Writer would do wonders for this show.

I don't tend to care about the title of Legacy Character as they are all expendable, but we have seen this character in better times. It was like when TS took over the role, all the characters brains poured out her ears. It is funny that people are still clamouring for an actress who played the role for just a little more than a year, while others haven't developed any like for the last 2+ years portrayal. It just goes to show that all characters can be helped and hampered by bad casting.

Would Eden Riegel work in this role? I haven't seen this Imaginary Bitches show so can't comment on her ability to play a bitch, which Colleen is, first and foremost and the reason I liked the character for years.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's precisely her lack of ideas that led to the massive ratings erosion and aimlessly boring direction the show took very early in her solo reign. The fact that she lets Sheffer and Hamner's worse tendencies consume the show, with her own inexperience, should be enough to get all three of these hacks canned.

I agree, I wouldn't mind her keeping her producing credit if she ALLOWED a better and more EXPERIENCED HEAD WRITER to write and execute the stories on this show. But MAB seems a little too power hungry to do that.

Or we can just hope SONY and Steven Kent stages a coup at this show and fires all the hacks involved and installs a regime that is more talented and better overall.

• Members

I know what you mean. I saw that LML & her band of hacks was a pain in my butt when she started firing writers who knew things about Y&R. I was like this can't be good.

Other reasons like turning Dru bat [!@#$%^&*] crazy only to write out Carmen cousin. & ya'll know what my biggest problem with her. Telling me who's the real Lily. I make up my own mind about who I believe is the real Lily to me. I don't need or want her to tell me [!@#$%^&*]. Now the Winters & the Babers are missing a life line.

• Members

Well, I have to admit that the show has definitely not been the same in months although if MAB & co. are FINALLY getting rid of Sursok (not the character of Colleen) then there is hope for this viewer. That alone is a start for me and a long time coming.

Wasn't there a rumor going around some time ago about a core younger female character recast and everyone assumed that it was for Mac?

• Members

They are unable to write for so many characters, and many of those they do write for, they ruin. If their solution is to kill them off, this will be a very empty cast within a year. The waste of potential which these supposed guardians of Y&R history have built up is staggering. The flawed Phillip return, ruining Adam, turning MJ into some cartoon...

• Members

I still have hope this will turn out not to be true. Tammin has posted as recently as 6 hours ago on her Twitter page and mentioned nothing about being let go from Y&R.

Fingers crossed that this will end up being yet ANOTHER "news story" broken by DaytimeConfidential that turns out not to be true.

• Members

^^^^^I've heard from a number of sources that they're planning on killing Colleen. Since it hasn't aired yet, or been announced, and Tammin is under contract, she can't spill news of her departure or what's happening to Colleen yet.

It still pisses me off that they might be killing this character off for good.

• Members

I don't think they care enough about Brad to actively try to erase all ties to his character. It's not like they're using Abby. I think they're just lazy and will probably kill off all these characters that are leaving. Some like Lauren will just remain of screen, but for major characters they'll be killed off. How else could they write them off? These writers have no imagination.

• Members

MAB said that MULTIPLE characters will be die this Summer. The rumour is that Colleen will die late this Summer which fits in with MAB's description also if they really wanted when Colleen was visting her grandmother they could have casted a new actress to take her place and carry on as Colleen but they didnt. They said they are not recasting Colleen, it would make sense that Colleen comes back to be properly killed of. :( I will be devastated if this is true, if TS leaves and Colleen gets killed of. :angry:

However this is only a SPUMOURand Daytime Confidential reported that a insider said Heather will be killed of and Vail Bloom was axed that was confirmed it was not true.

I dont believe anything untill I hear it from the magazines, offical confirmation somehow and the actress says so herself.

What I also find weird is that said on her Twitter she back on Y&R on July 15th and the episodes are filmed one month before, Tammin said she filmed filming Flicka on early June and then one month later the episode aired, so techincally she should have posted that one month ago.

When a character leaves on Y&R there is a general spoiler coming from the magazines that the actress/actor will leave, they say it 2 months in advance like they did with Brad. If Colleen is killed of late this summer, TS would be filimg the scenes now.

• Members

I hope Y&R better stop killing characters.

It was obnoxious enough under LML's pen...

And I might not be Sursok's biggest fan but there are way more shrewdish actors on the show these days to get rid off first. On the other hand, the constant in and out of Sursok is really annoying. It's ok for her to try different things (she's probably more suited than Colleen) but the producers should have decided then whether to writer her out (but not kill) or recast.

• Members

God knows that I'm not Tammin's biggest fan, but I never thought she was a bad actress, Colleen Carlton was not a role for her. The destruction cannot be solely blamed on her. The writers threw her under the bus when they put her in the Daniel-Amber-Colleen love triangle. They made Colleen out to be Amber and Amber out to be this poor innocent victim. If this show lives to have another generation, I have a feeling that the Scoobies are going to have a bigger part in it than the actual legacy characters. I wouldn't suprise me if they just merge this show with B&B.

• Members

Kenny at Daytime Royalty is now reporting that "I'm now hearing that Colleen will die as a result of drowning. Mary Jane will be involved and Victor will get her heart".

He said the source is very reliable because they have impressive track records re: factual scoops.

So Colleen will either die in a car accident or die by drowning. One of these will happen but we dont know which one! and so far all these spumours are relating to how Colleen will die. So she will die one way or another. :(:(:(

Archived