Y&R: is Tammin Sursok out?

• Members

I don't understand why the show simply kills characters they don't want to write for anymore. Did they kill the entire Brooks family? Are all of the Fosters pushing daisies?

Write them out. Why make your fans even more upset than they are?

I heard that

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What makes me laugh a little if it's true, she's got the boot the same way Adrianne Leon did, and had no idea it was coming. On Weds, she said on Twitter she was at Y&R and loving it.

I hate to see the chararacter killed off, but then again, she's been dead to me for a while. I just want them to cut their losses.

• Members

You know what the sad thing is? I can see people defending this and this crappy writing regime's move to kill off a core character.

A lot of people seem to give this inane show a lot more leeway than they give to others shows, and they'll say they'll e watching for the scenes, no matter how damaging the overall story is. Sorry, but scenes are no good when long-term damage is being done.

And no, I don't care how much worse other soaps are in relation to Y&R, it doesn't take away from the sad state Y&R is in by itself.

This show really deserves the fan blacklash against it right now.

• Members

Yeah, but so? Look at how many deaths Y&R has been in a year, you can't hoenstly say this show hasn't been filled with deaths that have very little impact in the long-run.

Why couldn't Colleen go off to live with Traci in New York? Why couldn't Colleen move to Europe to study the art she was interested in?

They could also recast with an actress who wants to be there and doesn't constantly leave to do movies or whatever.

This is as bad as when GH killed off Georgie last year. These characters had so much potential and are tied to so many characters, and they can be inserted back into the canvas at any time, but to kill them off just like that? For what? A death that will be forgotten in two months time, much like the death of Colleen's father Brad?

• Members

Absolute WORD to your post! If this is true, then you all know that I'm ecstatic! However, we've heard these rumors since last December that she was leaving therefore, I'll believe it when I see it. It always appeared to me that MAB and even LML saw that she didn't have the same spark as either of her predecessors and chose not to write for the character, which is why she chose to do all of these other projects. Colleen has been dead to ALOT of folks since she took over the role; I will be glad to see her go!

FYI: to whomever wrote this piece, she finished filming Flicka 2 on June 1st or so.

• Members

If the show is ending in a few years anyway, then isn't it even more selfish and shortsighted to kill off a character instead of just writing her out of town?

I don't think that meant a lot of fans actually wanted the character to die. If they start killing off characters they're unable to write for, who will be left? Katherine? Cane? They have gutted almost everyone on the show.

• Members

Honestly, thinking this over, I'm not as sad/angered/any sort of emotion as I have been at other storyline kill offs--maybe a couple of years ago with this character, but shes not been a legacy character for a while. She's become a joke, throw a way character so why not. The character of Colleen has been dead for a couple of years, and if this is what it takes to get TS out of the role, lets do it.

And hey, if it is true, at least we won't be stuck with TS and CK in Lily's cancer storyline...

Archived