Y&R: is Tammin Sursok out?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not a surprise that I was waiting for the day to see Tammin Sursok leaving Y&R... but this way? I'm at a loss for words... It's like someone got so hungry at power that they no longer have the ability to control themselves and the power got to their heads...

• Members

I love the way you worded this. I too have been waiting for the day to read the words that Tammin Sursok was being let go from Y&R, but I don't want the legacy character of Colleen w/ such future storyline potential to be killed off. If TPTB actually have penned the story one of the ways that is rumored, I can't say I'm surprised with the overall dark and depressing nature the show has now taken on, but I'm disappointed and sickened.

• Members

Generally speaking, why do all the writers have the inability to write out the character without killing them off? From where I stand, it seems that the current writers have it in their heads that they are there to stay and that their future vision sadly doesn't include Colleen. They don't want to think about the possibility of some other writer coming later, so in their little tiny world they will just kill off the character. Then later, new writers are mostly forced to re-write stuff and another problem arises.

Most importantly, why kill off someone that has meant nothing to the cast for a long period of time? This version of Colleen is nothing. Zero. So why bother? Another death that will mean nothing except another huge mistake in an already large book of mistakes done.

• Members

I agree that MAB&Co. are not invested in Colleen Carlton the character nor Tammin Sursok the actress. Tammin has been offscreen more than onscreen for a long time now. What angers me if this does come to fruition is that Tammin finished shooting her movie at the end of June--so why did they bother to bring her back at all? Why not just have someone mention that Colleen will be staying w/ her sick grandmother for awhile until she is healthy again thereby leaving the door open? They did it when the maid of honor left her best friend's wedding so that Tammin could leave for her movie. Colleen has been non-exsistent for a long time now, but the character has such potential if revamped and recasted in the future. But I guess you're right, dmarex ,this crew thinks they are the be all end all of daytime.

I have to say I don't think these writers have ANY longtime future visions or goals for any characters or this show in general.

• Members

They don't. They are probably "Oh damn, we only have 20 plot points this week happening, we need to have at least a couple more so that the audience doesn't think we're boring because you know---only plot brings in the stupid viewers..." so that's why they just entered a meaningless death for them, and huge impact for us. I may not care for this version of Colleen, but ruining a legacy character like that is just stupid.

• Members

Another smidgeon of hope: apparently TPTB are trying to catch whoever is leaking spoilers, so they're deliberately putting out fake stuff. Colleen dying (especially by drowning, like her father did just six months ago) REAKS of fakeness.

Another thing: according to IMDB, all of Tammin's movies are in post-production, so it doesn't look like she'll be leaving to do any movies in the near future. So why would she be let go due to scheduling conflicts?

I am hopeful that, come the next Suds Report, this will all be revealed as a hoax.

• Members

I've heard from a number of people that the scenes were shot at TV City last week and the show is trying to keep very quiet about the details to not spoil anything. But we should hear official confirmation soon.

Maybe she has something else lined up, and maybe her contract cycle is up soon and she asked to be let go to pursue other things. It happens all the time.

I guess time will tell, but things don't look good right now.

• Members
Oh...so is this like an algebraic equation where "someone" is the variable?

I was never one for math, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess someone = Maria Arena Bell. Right?!

And BTW, I completely agree with you, dmarex.

• Members

I'm all for Tammin departing Y&R, but not for Colleen being killed off. Colleen should just leave Genoa City and take some time "finding herself" in NYC with her mother. And when the writer's are finally able to write for Colleen, they should bring her back with a talented actress who is capable of portraying Traci Abbott's only child.

• Members

If her exit scenes were shot last week I don't imagine Tammin would have tweeted about how thrilled she was to be back at Y&R.

Tammin is great in Monday's US episode. It makes the possibility of her leaving even sadder for me. :(

Maria, if you don't fudge this up, I promise never to complain about your writing again.

Archived