Y&R: is Tammin Sursok out?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm the most staunch supporter of Y&R here at SON (Next to Mark) and there is no way in HELL I'd support something like this. I supported it with John Abbott, because it was realistic, the man had 3 heart attacks and was older than DIRT. And he was a reactionary character, he rarely drove story like Kay does. But Colleen? This would be the biggest piece of sh!t anyone could think of.

• Members

That is terrible news for me if it is true I will miss Tammin as Colleen, however I will believe it when I see it offically confirmed. If the worst comes to the worst and the character dies and leaves for a long time, I will be done with Y&R, coupled with the awful storylines, bad writing and my favourite character potenitally being killed of gives me no hope. I think Colleen will die I dont want her to die :(

• Members

Yup. Look at what a non-event Brad's death was. Repercussions that lasted two episodes. They were done with that character. Just wrong... I'm seeing Don start to do some bona fide good stuff over at B&B...showing range he NEVER showed as Brad...and I'm thinking he made out well on the deal. But now, to do the same with his daughter.

Oh well, death is a temporary state in Genoa City now.

I agree with you on John Abbott, but even there in retrospect killing him was an error. I do like when he now "ghosts" his entire family...but I'd need to see a lot more of that (I'm saying "monthly", not "quarterly") to be content.

Still, and I know I'm a sap sap sap sap, but when I watch these clips, and I think of what Colleen was and should be, I get furious.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-AeDw_5BoH4 http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qWtgy6sR2tc

Honestly, now I have made myself sad. "Look ahead, not behind". But damn...are those days gone for good?? THAT is why I keep hoping for Thad Luckinbill stories!

• Members

Its so obvious they had to make some cuts to keep Melody in her Queen Bee position. They should have killed Nikki instead ;);)

If Colleen does bite it, can Victor be responsible through his henchmen Jeff and Gloria and two out of the three can be the next ones cut for budget reasons?

• Members

Send her to New York. Send her to Paris. That's all I'm saying. I can live with a write off, as long as it is temporary (i.e., years not forever).

There was one other clip I need to share (excuse my self-indulgent grieving :lol: ). I was less into the next JT/Colleen saga, but I cannot deny moments of hotness. Check out the 5:00 scene in this (shower scene starts a minute later)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EnWha9zF4w8

I'm there....

• Members

But where has all the anger been about the horribleness of Colleen for years? It's not like it's a new thing, Colleen turning into a pointless fluzy. She's not served a purpose in a long time. Y&R has shown they can't actually recast the character.

• Members

For me, I assumed Collen was "on ice", and someday we'd get back to her (with a recast or whatever).

For me, the anger is about a PERMANENT exit. Y&R has shown they can recast (Fonseca and Leon were fine; and I'd even have bought Sursock if she'd been written for).

I'm also angry about Luckinbill and Doug Davidson. Those three most of all, for me...

• Members

:o

I've never seen you this dissatisfied with this show since you've been posting here at SON, Mark, and I agree with you. This show isn't very good right now and it doesn't look like much will change.

When people who have stuck by this show through thick and thin are fed up, you KNOW something is very wrong with the current creative direction of this show.

All we can do is hope that the next writing regime does a better job with this show. :)

• Members

Well, the thing is that I accept that this is temporary. I don't fully understand what has happened, but I think it is a mix of some ill conceived long-story (and convergence of stories at once), some bad episodes (esp. yesterday), and some unfortunate casting.

That said, I'm not necessarily a "throw out the bums" guy. I think this team can do better. So my hope is that they'll pull it together.

• Members

I got to that point with LML. Literally, though, maybe right after Clear Springs. So that means MAB's team has a while yet :)

ETA: And I was ready to cancel the show, regardless of regime, when Brittany Hodges was front and center 5 days a week.

If only that stripper pole had had a stronger voltage....

Archived