Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of July 6

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Was anyone else annoyed with Lily today? "How could you do this to me Cane?! How could you lie to me?! I asked you if you had anything to tell me about your past!" :rolleyes:

Yeah, like he would have told you that his whole persona was a lie!

She acted like the fact that he lied to her was the worst thing in this whole mess. Hey Lily, what about Jill, the woman who thought he was her son, or Billy whose brother he impersonated, or Nina the mother of the son of the man he pretended to be?!

• Members

OMG! Thom Bierdz is even worse in this preview scene from Wednesday's US episode. He plays this "big" moment like he's been playing everything else. Lifeless, emotion-less, and stiff. This guy is a WORSE sleepwalker than Amelia Heinle. Such bad acting, there's only so much Tricia Cast can do when her scene partner is SO below her.

Am I supposed to feel anything from this? Because from this reveal, I couldn't care less. It's not the writing in this case, it's clearly Bierdz's HORRENDOUS acting.

Since Y&R will be preempted tomorrow for the Michael Jackson stuff, this is going to be the next episode that airs.

I'm afraid Bierdz is making ALL of his scenes fall FLAT.

<object width='400' height='300'><param name='movie' value='http://www.cbs.com/e/1I4szZQq3SDGONqU93j7N8KttaLzcxzY/cbs/2/'></param><param'>http://www.cbs.com/e/1I4szZQq3SDGONqU93j7N8KttaLzcxzY/cbs/2/'></param><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'></param><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'></param><embed width='400' height='300' src='http://www.cbs.com/e/1I4szZQq3SDGONqU93j7N8KttaLzcxzY/cbs/2/' allowfullscreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'></embed></object>

• Members

DG is a really good actor, IMO, and shines when given good material (e.g. not baby talk w/ Lily) when he's not paired w/ CKLily--she drags him down. I thought he did a great job on Fri. & today. He said on his Twitter on Fri. that all the scenes were shot in one take and back to back. And Miller, woohoo...loved him casual in his cargos and flipflops! Loved the punch and I thought Billy did really good w/ the material today as well.

• Members

Who the hell is writing this crap? Y&R has officially written the BIGGEST clusterf-ck of a plot twist for 2009. The Cane/Phillip story is just damn pitiful. Wghere does one begin?

I cant beleive they are saying that Cane knew all along that he wasnt Cordelia's father. Really? So he wanted to be married to Chloe? He wanted to put Lily through hell and throw her aside? What was all that crap with him being angry adn trying to take custody when the "truth" came out. Y&R shouls have just left this one alone. Is he leaving the show bc its as if they are trying to assainate him as much as possible

Oh Phillip. Him, insinuating Cane into everyone's lives was a noble act? Um really? He thought it would give everyone peace of mind to have an imposter enter their lives after nearly 20 YEARs of thinking he was dead. WTF?

Y&R needs to wait like 5 years before they ever do a story involving a DNA test. There have been WAY too many in recent times and it seems as if they have all been discounted, rewritten, faslsified, etc.. over the past 3 weeks. Its beyond overkill and its hard to take any DNA test seriously on this show anymore. They need a break from them

• Members

That was my biggest gripe with this episode and this ATROCIOUS re-write.

So, almost 20 years after is "death" he felt sorry for his family so he sent an impostor to take his place? Really?

And he mentioned that Cane was a street kid that he met 5 years ago. Um, CANE IS A GROWN ASS MAN, even 5 years ago. He's clearly in his 30's. You can't feed me this petulant sh!t about him wanting and needing a family at this age THAT badly.

SO MANY absurdities in this atrociously written story.

WORD.

This show is truly badly written and executed fan fiction...

• Members

Yup. Holes out the wazoo! Probably a few more days of that.

But so what? It's done. It's where we go from here that is interesting. They have undone all the DNA now. They have P3 back. We have to hold our noses with regard to how we got to this point. But now it is done.

I'm no CK-Lily fan...but what are people objecting to, specifically, today? I watched twice, and I sort of appreciated the absence of hysterics. Some folks are complaining about me-me-me'ism on Lily's part, but that was scripted for her. Her words were what the writers were trying to achieve.

• Members

When holes are all over this storyline, it doesn't give me hope as to what is to come in the future. It feels false and hallow already. What is to come from now? More retcons, more bad acting for Bierdz, more outlandish plot twists that make very little sense in the long run? How can we have faith when we're already being asked to suspend too much disbelief and there's clearly huge flaws in the writing?

It might be all done, but it doesn't mean we have to accept it or what will come in the future will be any good.

Anyway, I think it's wise to hold off posting this thread until every Monday or very late on Sunday. See, it's Monday and we aren't on 10 pages yet. :lol:

• Members

Which is how it should be. Kudos to all of us for only talking about the episode today. You only need 2 or 3 pages for everyone to have their say about what was good and what was bad about that day's episode. All the threads for the other shows prove that.

• Members

I didn't mind TB or CK today...I think the piss-poor writing, awful pacing (are Goutman and Passanante writing this show?), and stiff dialogue were more striking than any particular performance.

But I did get a kick out of Devon today. He can be a hoot.

Archived