Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of July 6

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep, his acting totally killed scenes that could have been much more powerful with a capable actor in Monday's US episode. Tricia Cast and Jess Walton tried their best, but Bierdz is the center piece of this storyline, and he CANNOT deliver or at least he didn't in Monday's US episode. He's totally out of tune in these scenes, it's almost as if his head is stuck on another universe. He has the same facial expression throughout the entire episode, and as y&r_fan said, he sounds like he's dead. His line delivery totally SUCKS. If he's supposed to play arrogant, fine, but even at that, he sucks. This is who people wanted back? Not only does the storyline not make any sense, but the actor at the heart of it sucks and can't sell it.

He's a horrible actor and if he doesn't improve, his six month contract and this poorly written storyline can't end soon enough...

• Webmaster

Thank you. It was annoying the hell out of me when I didn't see a new thread. Usually by mid-afternoon Sunday a new one goes up. Let's hope you all find this weeks Y&R as riveting as you've found it in the last couple of weeks. Now if we could just get the other soaps to wake their asses up, I'd be the happiest camper on the SON!

SoapZone has the Zoo...SoapOperaNetwork has the SON :)

• Members

I think the big test this week is to try to make viewers care. At the moment I think there's a struggle for emotional investment in most of the stories. Like the Adam story. I end up just waiting for the next moment of shock value. I'm not sure how I should feel with Phillip's return because I'm not sure if they have a strong story planned out beyond just bringing him back. I don't think they did for unrelating Katherine and Jill, or Billy and Mac.

At least we'll be in for some great acting. And hopefully they will do a good job explaining Phillip's motivations.

• Members

I can't wait. Monday should be great. From reviews, it's obvious that Thom is playing detatched and aloof at first, keeping Phillips attitudes and motivations an enigma until the right moment for him to open up. Either that or he's rusty. I'll watch very closely and judge. I've seen alot of actors who use their eyes alot, and not gesture or facial expression called "wooden" and so forth, Ashbash was one. But I like that type of actor, some viewers just have to be beaten over the head with emoting in order to "get it", but I don't.

• Members

I saw a scene from Tuesday and his voice does sound odd and his speech was kinda slurred like he had no teeth. Reminds me of Tiny from the Tiny and Toya Show. His body language and everything about his performance in such a pivital scene fell flat. I worry that the terrible excuse for Phillip leaving them coupled with Thom's acting will ruin this storyline. I was excited about his return until I read that awful spoiler, but now that I see his acting I'm worried. He was never a great actor, but as a young actor he showed potential. As I said in another thread, he's more on the level of someone like Eva Marcielle who does have great charisma and has potential. He's not one of those fresh out of the gate stars like early Greg Rikaart, Tricia Cast, Heather Tom, etc. It seems whatever talent he had got lost. It'll be interesting to see if he improves over time.

This is a make or break it week for me on Y&R. My favorite part of MAB's Y&R has been the Chancellor storylines, but with weak writing for Jill and this silly Phillip twist my saving grace could be ruined. We'll see if they can pull this off. I'm doubting it, but we'll see.

• Members

I've also appreciated the focus on the Chancellors, although I sometimes question whether the writing is true to the characters. I haven't seen what I know of as Jill, or Katherine, or their relationship, which wasn't as noticeable when they were moving through story at a fast clip, but has bothered me for some months now. They haven't been written for in such a long time that it was probably easy for MAB to graft stories onto them. I hope when they move more into the story with Phillip, we will get to see more sides to them.

Archived