Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of July 6

• Members

I was hoping they would have it where Phillip didn't want his family to know of his whereabouts for their own safety, and when he learned Katherine was having nightmares about a baby switch (which they could say was just in her head), he quickly fabricated Cane's existence so they wouldn't go too far in looking for him or digging up answers.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It would have made Philip look better if he was trying to protect his family for sure. They could have had him still be homosexual, but would not have used that as a main reason for leaving his family. What are we supposed to think of those nightmares Katherine was having now? And the whole ring business and the other people involved. Wasn't the woman who took Philip with the ring supposed to be related to Cane's Uncle Langley?

• Members

Whatever way, this story makes little sense, and it makes the person at the center of it come off as stupid, unsympathetic, un-rootable, and again, makes me question, WHY did they have do such a drastic re-write?

I saw Monday's episode, without giving too much away, I hate Phillip III more than usual. He seems like he has little sympathy for all those he hurt and they're writing it in a way where it seems like faking his death was such an easy decision for him, they aren't playing up the struggling aspect well.

I find it hard to beleive, regardless of his sexuality, a man wouldn't have a hard time walking away from his infant child. The fact that Phillip III seems so content with that decision, doesn't make me interested in the story or the character. If this was their idea of easing Phillip III back in and making the audience sympathize and understand his reasoning, I think it's an epic fail.

And the fact that Phillip III is defending sending Cane to these people is so ludicrous. Especially the obvious age difference between Bierdz and Goddard, AND the fact the he WAITED 20 YEARS to send an impostor to help heal the pain he INTENTIONALLY gave to these people.

On a side note, Thom Bierdz's acting reminds me of someone suffering from Down Syndrome, I had to say it...

• Members

Yeah - i know. It's pretty harsh to fake your death - however, I just wish they'd fuel up Phillip's anger and go through all the details. Nina pretty much raped Phillip. Jill sent him off to boarding school, which isn't bad - but during that time Jill had no real maternal feelings for Phillip it seems. She was too busy tramping it up with every guy in town. And Kay really loves Phillip, but she used Phillip to get revenge on Jill. Plus he was sucidally-depressed, and prolly would have killed himself, which would be a lot harder for the women to live with knowing that their manipulations caused him so much grief that he ended his life.

t some point, Phillip regretted the pain he caused and sent Cane. The women never really got over it. But i just wish they would go into detail about what they put Phillip through. It is a rather grandiose setup for the introduction of P4 really if u think about it.

Archived