Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of July 6

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally posted this in the spoiler board. LOL. I'm so confused by how bad he is. If he came back to be himself, then why is he acting like a damn robot?

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone LOL. This is so unreal. How is this story centered around a veritable cipher in Bierdz? At least Sharon, the ultimate "center" (if you will)/ catalyst of the irrationality, chaos, and stagnant insanity, has a draw to her as well as the ability to draw others. Because of Bierdz's performance, his choice to be nonchalant and very minimalistic, Phillip doesn't seem to draw others or be drawn to others. He's just a zero; how many people will he take down with him?

And it was like two universes were colliding into one another and exploding when P3 and Cane showed up in the final scene of today's episode. It was like Bill Bell, LML, and MAB's universes collided into one, like a time-travel goof. And what was disturbing was that Goddard looked ten years younger than Bierdz and made LML and MAB's rewrite utterly ridiculous. My God, that scene should not have been done for the sake of the barely thin logic P3 explained in the hospital room LOL only moments earlier of dropping Cane into their lives as an impostor. And to know that it'll be perpetuated in Tuesday's episode will be stomach churning.

• Members

Now, nobody has mentioned this.... but did you all feast your ORBS on the SIZE of Nina's purse? HOLY CRAP, that thing is big enough for her to smuggle refugees across the border in! Soemthing tells me that bag is gonna go upside Phillip's head before the week is out.

• Members

I'm still in shock that I feel sorry for him! I've hated that character before he even stepped onto my screen with a fiery passion! I'm STUNNED that DG's made me sympathize with him in such a short amount of time.

• Members

And I have to repeat this too LOL.

When Devon walked in and saw Lily, asking her what's wrong, that reminded me of that office scene a month ago between Stafford and Morrow, when Stafford responded to a nonexistent cue from Morrow, supposedly a "decisive" cue. There was supposed to be finality in his exp​ression, but there was nothing. Yet, Stafford played off of this like the pro she is.

The same thing happened again today. Devon responded so well to a little-existent cue where Lily looked like a her goldfish died. WTF?!?! Was the red blanket Neil wrapped her in supposed to show how frail she is? Supposed to make us feel sorry for the beaten-upon little girl? Instead, I cracked up when Devon went over to her and hugged her. I guess I'm a bad, horrible mean person, but I'll take it. Especially when there were moments when she seemed to be crying as if she were back in grade school and ashamed and embarrassed because she crapped on herself in front of her entire class. Was that her motivation? Was that the only moment in CK's life that she could draw from to exhibit the anguish she felt over losing the love of her life?? I'm not saying she should've thrashed around on the floor, wailing to Jesus, her Lord and Savior for solace or anything. I'm saying show something. Morrow is the perfect example of this last week. So heartbreaking to see him open up so beautifully. So tangibly. CK remained a paper doll.

And to think she left Y&R and they actually let her back in, this waste of space!

I'm sorry to CK if she ever happens upon this board and reads this because I know as an artist, it's tough to work on something really hard and have people, like myself who know very little about the craft, crap on your work like you're worth nothing. But, seriously, CK needs some serious lessons. And she doesn't even have to work that hard. Just watch the thousands of tapes of your dear old hopefully not-dead TV mom, Victoria Rowell.

I'm really sick of her. I think NuAbby would've done better. I think Eva would've done better, yo!

All in all, it'd be best if CK just left Genoa City, go to Italy and make pretty paintings because she's sick of all the liars in her life? Lily shouldn't leave, just CK.

Thus, CKLily, I must say, free-character-smileys-192.gif

• Members

:lol:

God, this is who people wanted back? Seriously, there's nothing interesting to watch with this guy on screen. Scenes that could have been sold, no matter their ridiculous nature, by a truly great actor are coming off as ridiculous and flat thanks to Bierdz's acting.

This is all making me hate this rewrite more than I already did. You know it's bad when the actor at the center of this storyline looks like he couldn't give a f.uck or that's the way it's coming off on screen.

• Members

SORASsing really throws these shows off. P3 died before Billy was ever born. Heck, P4 is older than Dickolas. The least they can do is make him 32 and write P3 and Cane as 49, which would make Lame even more off putting.

The entire time watching, all I could think is that Bill Bell must be rolling around in his grave. His Legacy is being destroyed with every single one of these DNA twists.

I'm surprised no one is discussing the preview of Phyllis smacking Heather. That got re-wound and watched 4 more times, if only someone would stick a fork in that character, hopefully Adam. It looks to me like by this time next year the Williams will no longer be on canvas.

Enough of these psychos and re-writes, just get back to good old fashioned love and hate drama.

Archived