OLTL: Discussion for the week June 15

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I haven't given up but I don't watch everyday anymore. I think Monday and Tuesday were solid shows and I see "some" small signs of improvement. I'm afraid to hope however that any improvement is permanent.

I think Rex can be redeemed if he kills Stacy. Otherwise, they need to realize that they are fast approaching the point of no return.

• Members

She's wasn't good on GL. I know that for a fact. She was just as horrible as she is now. The only difference is that she was surrounded or carried by stronger actors on GL, on OLTL she's simply making the lesser actors look good such as JPL, FF, and heck even that kid that plays Shane.

• Members

Me too... and I'm a guy. The music building up to it was very moving. I REALLY was annoyed by them but I'm now realizing it was the writing. I'm going to miss Kathy and Chris VERY much and I sincerely hope they return some day to more decent writing.

• Members

They ruined Marcie with the baby stories. And all for nothing. The saddest part of her goodbye is she's outacting nearly everyone who is being left behind to carry the show.

At least she's leaving with some dignity.

• Members

Those scenes with John and Michael were so weird. Michael kept trying to give John the details about the car that he (John) was supposed to sell. But they mostly acted like they had discussed everything on the phone the night before, and of course John HAD to be in court for Cole even though his brother (his only real family) was about to move across the country later that night. RC really doesn't know how to write families and their interactions. I guess that's why the Buchanans are vanishing into the woodwork.

• Members

The oddest part of the scenes:

Bo: Hey, Matthew's playing the keyboard!

Nora: I have to go see Clint.

Bo: Bring Clint with you!

Ask him to leave his granddaughter's funeral because Matthew's playing the keyboard?

I guess it was just a continuity error. Otherwise most of the episode was good.

Going by this clip, Farah Fath's acting hasn't improved in the past five years. I didn't notice at the time, which suggests the key to Farah's success on OLTL is to hire Eric Winter and have him appear half-naked in every scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcZ92tVFnpw

Archived