OLTL: Discussion for the week June 15

• Members

I just watched the entire week and was surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. I'm glad Starr got her baby back but I'm already tired of this story: where can it go next? The hardships of being a single teen mom? I'll be fast forwarding through that (and I like Starr). Cole in prison? Not sure I'll watch that either; I'd prefer that they just write him off for a while. I like Viki & Charlie but the Bo-Nora-Clint triangle is not interesting me much. Destiny and Matthew have NO chemistry at all; I like Destiny's presence, but the actress delivers her lines so badly it's painful to watch. I'm hoping she gets better.

Bright spots: Marcie and Michael; I'm sorry to see them go. I wish it were the other McBain brother leaving. It's fun to watch the tension between Cris & Layla, and I'm glad they're tied in to the slowly developing Fish & Kyle story. Fish is adorable, and the straightlaced cop falling for a morally compromised character like Kyle could be interesting. (Emphasis on could). Dorian was a little unrealistically over the top, but she's always so compelling. I wonder if they're moving her to the center of the show at the same time they push Viki out. Nice to see Shaun get screen time. And it's good to see Langston & Marko get a story, tho this one seems a little flat because his parents are so one-dimensional. The Stacey story seems to be coming to a head, finally, and the sooner it's over, the better.

As for Rex being written as an idiot: soaps seem to do this a lot with characters. Remember when Nora slept with Sam Rapaport so she could give Bo a baby to make up for Drew's death? That was jaw-droppingly out of character for Nora, who'd been written as strong and smart before that unfortunate story, and over time the writers have redeemed her character; let's hope they can do the same for Rex someday. Soon.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm curious to see whether OLTL believes Rex has done anything wrong, or if they think he's been wronged by Gigi and Stacy, and as soon as the truth comes out, he will be noble and forgive Gigi, and then they'll going back to being this supposedly wonderful couple I never thought they were in the first place. One of the poll questions ABC has out now is asking if Rex should forgive Gigi. Poor Rex, I guess. Given how ABC soaps write men, why should I expect any different.

Archived