B&B: Week of June 15th...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved it. Poor Pammy! Not only does Donna steal her dream to be a contestant on TPIR, but everything was tailor-made for Pam, save for the price of the bottle of honey!!!

Then Pam decides "What the heck" and gets all into it and decides to help Donna out. They were just a funny mess at the end.

Did anyone hear what Donna offered Pam after she nixed giving her the vacation? I couldn't make out what she said. This was before Pam asked for the honey bar mix. LOL!

• Members

So what did you all think of this? I felt stupid because it was so over the top...but I also laughed out loud in a few places. Like comparing the prices of Doberman food, lemon bar mix, and honey. But Pam and Donna hugging? After the "Big Bear" (literally) incident?

ETA: Adam Dusevoir wrote, and I think Cynthia J. Popp directed. But the TPIR segments were directed by one of their TPIR directors.

http://www.cbs.com/e/dgFBThYKFeS_t28PEmbosUnLFEv_GCL7/cbs/2/'> http://www.cbs.com/e/dgFBThYKFeS_t28PEmbosUnLFEv_GCL7/cbs/2/' allowfullscreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'>

• Members

I loved every second of this campy story. :blush: I haven't been this engaged in B&B in a long time. Are the ratings for TPIR down? I'm just wondering what prompted them to do this. Either way, I thought it was loads of fun and JG and AM did an awesome job.

• Members

The baking pans and the lemon bar mix. :lol: I loved the way Pam's attitude changed after Donna included her in the people she thanked. I hope B&B does this kind of storyline every once in awhile. Not too often, but every now and then they need to throw Pam and Donna together like this.

• Members

Have you guys seen the ratings? I was shocked to see B&B is close to being the next soap to be under 3 million viewers and looks like it could very well be overtaken by Days of Our Lives. I don't know how they could have such problems with this cast, but the show just hasn't been working for a full year or more. The show is unwatchable and it feels like nothing happens and what does happen is so dull. They have a solid cast, but the writing is terrible. I think Brad Bell is beyond burnt out and doesn't care about the fans or putting real effort in the show. They're in dire need of a new headwriter or co-HW. There needs to be another voice than Brad.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jun 19 2009, 09:43 AM)
Have you guys seen the ratings? I was shocked to see B&B is close to being the next soap to be under 3 million viewers and looks like it could very well be overtaken by Days of Our Lives. I don't know how they could have such problems with this cast, but the show just hasn't been working for a full year or more. The show is unwatchable and it feels like nothing happens and what does happen is so dull. They have a solid cast, but the writing is terrible. I think Brad Bell is beyond burnt out and doesn't care about the fans or putting real effort in the show. They're in dire need of a new headwriter or co-HW. There needs to be another voice than Brad.
No sh*t.

Not only just in the writing department, but production as well. There are way too many technical gaffs that slip through the cracks. These errors are just unacceptable for a "Bell Show," that are supposed to be gold standard of daytime in terms of production.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jun 19 2009, 10:43 AM)

You are absolutely and totally right.

Before he left, DaytimeFan claimed a Bell-family pow wow was had about rescuing the franchise, and that LPB "talked turkey" with her son. It was claimed that the return to "fashion" (the building of Jackie M, the two-day mystery about who stole the Forrester designs) was signalling that turn.

Alas, we know that it was all squandered at the feet of "Sick" and "Tridge/Bridge".

I have loved this show, and could love it again. But when my brightest light is two days of Pammie/Donna (who should HATE each other after the honey-at-Big-Bear incident) mugging in the audience of TPIR...I sort of feel all the gas is out of this balloon.

I completely agree that Brad MUST TAKE A BREAK. But at the risk of sounding like the Y&R thread, who could reasonably step in -- what outsider -- and fix this mess? While preserving the history and tone and context that uniquely defines B&B and its international appeal??

• Members

It's so odd because if you combine different stories from different parts of a year and feature more characters you have a good show. They show us repeatedly that they can do it, but it falls apart so quickly. I think the show has found something great in the comedic talents of Alley Mills, but that's about it. Owen has no chemistry with Bridget or Jackie. Lesley Anne Down is a terrible actress and should be instantly written off. Don Diamont's character has already fizzled out due to them refusing to pair him with Felicia. Stephanie and Eric are just lost. Taylor, Ridge and Brooke haven't had anything compelling to do in ages and Rick/Steffy are show poison.

It's sad that at this point the only character I enjoy is Pam. Those lemon bars, Tiny, etc. are the only things worth watching. That is almost sick. B&B used to be so entertaining.

Archived