Y&R: Ashley Spoiler

• Members

I hope that Billy and Jack take some time from their problems to help Ashley with her loss. I'm so sick of seeing her so isolated although it did work well for this story. Her family forgot about her and allowed this to happen. Now they need to be there for her and I want them to acknowledge that they got so caught up in their problems they weren't there for her. Where is Traci by the way? It's been a while. She needs to bring that family together.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Surely this was a factor in his quitting. Even Branco admitted Engen was seriously unhappy for a while.

If Adam is meant to be like Sheila Carter and James Stenbeck, then redemption isn't really relevant. He's there to terrorize.

• Members

How far in advance do they film? a month? I ask this cause eventhough TPTB knew he was leaving, he continued working until a recast was found. That was the arrangement/deal. So maybe this script was the catalyst for him informing them he wanted out OR the keep working deal was already in place so he had to play this out.

See that's why I don't buy the gay kiss on script stuff cause if it was true, he would have to shoot that scene no matter what and we'd see it coming up soon (definitely before CE's last airdate). There'd be no way around it since the deal was for him to stay until recast was found. And if it was on his script, I doubt TPTB would remove it cause CE asked them to. They already accommodated his out, no need to accommodate him any further.

• Members

What I enjoyed with Sheila was the layers, and the waiting. When was Lauren going to be reunited with her baby? There was more besides people eventually finding out Sheila was crazy.

This story, there's not as much for me to look forward to, because the story is going to be about a dead baby and Ashley going nuts. Adam will eventually be caught, he'll be killed or imprisoned, then Victor will move on to his next conquest, as he always does.

• Members

I care about Ashley...can't say I don't. But STILL, yes, I'm shouting "Get back to the room, Adam. Don't get caught Adam". So, that is the benefit of taking his relatable actor and putting him at the center of this evil. That said...

... yeah...at this point it feels like he's headed down the Carter/Stenbeck path.

The only big difference is this: Carter and Stenbeck (especially Carter) were craaaaaaaaazy. Adam is clearly NOT crazy. He's totally rational in every step.

I don't know if this makes him better or worse? Does the fact that he is in full possession of his faculties make him even harder to redeem?

• Members

What I don't is why they are going the routes they are with Adam. I've always thought it would be interesting to see how he fit into the dynamics of the Newman family. He was raised by the innocent, good hearted Hope.......but he is also the child of Victor Newman. So I always thought that the show should explore his ruthless side. Let's not forget the shenanigans Victor pulled when he first arrived in town. Maybe now we are seeing shades of Victor come out in Adam (since it is not out in Nick or Victoria). I'm going to let the story play out and see how it goes.

• Members

Both comments above are dead on.

Ashley has always been a smug b!tch, very snooty (e.g., to Jill, Gloria)...so that doesn't win her any favors. Still, she should not be going through this. Part of what she is playing beautifully is that -- in addition to the gaslighting -- she KNOWS she is sane, but neither her best friend nor her husband believe her. That makes it even worse.

I'm also confused, because Victor KNOWS physical objects can't teleport, and he HEARD the tape. Why does he have ANY doubt that someone is doing this?? I guess it seems Victor is buying a clue now...but I don't understand why he isn't--on mere suspicion alone--wrappping an impenetrable firewall around Ashley.

Yup, that's the duality. That is what makes this story effective.

Whenever I want to feel too much sympathy for Ashley, I remember this scene. Now Nikki did an evil thing too (coaching Victoria to call Ashley what she did)...but that scene reminds me of the selfishness and snootiness that is part of Ashley's core.

• Members

That's the thing I just don't find her likable. What I have seen from her she is just this ice cold smug stuck up biotch and I just don't like her from when I started watching back in 05'. She just seems so cold and unfeeling all the time.

Archived