Y&R: Ashley Spoiler

• Members

Ashley miscarries the baby, and Adam blackmails the doctor into making her think she's still pregnant.

Please God do NOT give Victor Newman anymore children after this. I don't see the point in having Ashley miscarry though.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nah.

Who SHOT JR...not who killed JR.

Jack Abbott was SHOT (by Patty)...not killed.

Jill Abbott was SHOT (by Sven)...not killed.

Victor Newman was SHOT (by Mary Jo)...not killed.

Done right, a shooting can also be a terrific start to a redemption arc.

Like, let's say a bullet to the back of the brain (occipital cortex) permanently blinds a man. What a karmic legacy to leave him. And then we'd have a permanently blind character/villain on the show. It really could work, and it would truly make Adam a carrier of Hope's legacy in a significant way.

• Members

I don't think there's any going back from this. Making him permanently blind wouldn't make up for something as sick as this.

The whole story makes me sick. I don't understand the point of what they're doing. It reminds me of when Hogan had Craig Montgomery pay a man to terrorize his daughter, then framed Sierra's fiance, then had her fiance killed. The character has never recovered.

• Members

I would NEVER have gone this way with Adam.

I cannot lie, having done so, he is d*mn entertaining!

I cannot imagine him coming back from this. All those people who continue to feel Gloria is unredeemable...I can't imagine how they'll be able to get over what Adam is doing.

So this is a place where I can either get really p!ssed off (they ruined Adam!), or I can say...okay...this is not a journey I expected, but let's see where it goes...

At a minimum, this is a fantastic, creepy tale with lots of twists and turns.

• Members

I'm glad people find the story entertaining, I guess I'm more of a weak type, I don't enjoy these types of stories, like what was done with Craig on ATWT, or Jack's rape on ATWT (which was actually played for laughs) and with DAYS when EJ was torturing Patch and John or when Benji was killed. I know it's only fiction and I should be able to have some fun with them but there seems to be no point in this story, and I'm depressed about why this had to be Adam. Nick and Victoria are both so weak now, directionless, Adam could have been such a contrast to them, he could have been the future of the family. I think I could enjoy a story with Victor being gaslighted, but all this with Ashley and the baby, I don't know.

• Members

Oh, I totally agree with you. It didn't have to be this way.

But since it is, I'm putting on my seatbelt and expecting a shorter, wilder ride than I was originally thinking.

But don't take that as a "joyous" reaction. I'd much rather have it as you described.

• Members

Some characters are evil so Adam can "stay" evil but won't he eventually be caught? And then what?

I am trying to keep an open mind but I don't see how this recast is going to work, especially with the demonic direction of the character. MM is an amazing actor but he doesn't come off as vulnerable the way that CE does. It's that vulnerability that makes dark Adam work so well, so well in fact that you don't want him to get caught even though he's pure evil. MM looks older than the actors playing his siblings, he looks a lot older than Rafe, etc.

TPTB have got to redeem Adam though Rafe. I don't see any other way to make this story work.

Archived