Y&R: Ashley Spoiler

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, so do I! I've liked Adam and his furry chest since day one and FAR prefer him to the other smug Newman kids. IMO, he was Victor's true heir, for better or for worse. Prickly, proud, scheming, chrming, psychotic -- all personality traits that Victor embodies.

That's why this SL is such a win for me right now -- I am rooting for Adam to pull one over on Victor and Jack, totally wondering how far he will go and just completely unable to hate him. And I am also wrestling with my fangirl love for Eileen Davidson because I don't want any harm to come to Ashley or her baby. :( I can't help liking both these characters a lot. Too bad it all devolved into some major clusterfuckery behind-the-scenes because this was Y&R's best SL in years.

• Members

*This must be what a hysterical pregnancy is because ever since Ashley's been pregnant, I've been laughing my head off. Isn't she supposed to be 50 or close to it?

*Makes me wonder if Chris Engen left the show more for being branded a baby-killer than the gay kiss controversy.

*I know revenge can drive a person but Adam is totally in the wrong. He tried to set his father up for murder. What I don't get is Victor have him a second chance and let him move into the ranch. Does that make sense as far as Victor goes? Victor is the most unforgiving person on the show.

*As for character redemption, OLTL "redeemed" Todd Manning, an unrepentant rapist. GH turned Luke Spencer, a man who raped another man's wife, into the biggest hero the show's ever had. Every evil character has some fatal flaw that makes them human. All Sheila Carter wanted was to be loved and wanted. That made her human. I think that Adam is dealing with his mother's death the wrong way. And I think that's all it is: grief. That his mother who raised him is dead, and the father he never knew is alive.

Archived