SOAPnet "Southern Belles" set Ratings Record

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Remember that Night Shift debuted to great numbers too and then lost them over time.

So whether this can be proclaim a success yet comes in the following weeks and see if it can hold onto those numbers. Night Shift as great as it was at times couldn't.

It just proves though that the soaps just are not doing what they should do anymore to reach a wide audience. It sounds like Southern Belles was good in the Demos but it also set records in total audience meaning that it reached out to a wider audience that most of the shows do.

Soaps just don't do that anymore.

I will just overall be glad when this obsession with reality television finally ends. I was sure hoping that it was just a fad but I fear it is here to stay.

• Members

Not good and not surprising. I detest reality shows and also thought that they would run out of steam, but they are a virus that keeps spreading. Unfortunately, it does not matter if Southern Belles' ratings decline like Night Shift's ratings because it is so cheap to produce that SoapNet will make some profit. There is so much animosity channeled at Frons, but I think that it is time that we start looking at the real culprits, our family and friends who love to watch these shows. The popularity of reality shows jeopardize prime time serials and will push out the soaps if this continues.

• Members
Not good and not surprising. I detest reality shows and also thought that they would run out of steam, but they are a virus that keeps spreading. Unfortunately, it does not matter if Southern Belles' ratings decline like Night Shift's ratings because it is so cheap to produce that SoapNet will make some profit. There is so much animosity channeled at Frons, but I think that it is time that we start looking at the real culprits, our family and friends who love to watch these shows. The popularity of reality shows jeopardize prime time serials and will push out the soaps if this continues.

Absolute truth.

• Members

OK, I can kind of accept that, but I cannot force someone to watch something he/she does not like. People have different tastes and there's little one can do. Culprit is a heavy word.

Archived