SOAPnet "Southern Belles" set Ratings Record

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right and the same way we can't force Frons to put something on there that no one watches.

The sad fact is that he tried putting AW on there. It didn't even score ratings. And RH has never gotten good ratings.

It is sad when the movies on Sunday night get higher ratings than the soaps they have shown there including classic GH episodes, marathons and Days.

On SoapNet I can't blame Frons. The network can't make money if it doesn't have shows that people will watch and will get advertiser money.

I don't have it anymore because as I have said the licensing fee was raised to our cable company and they moved it to a new tier. I refuse to pay the extra bucks to get it.

It's a sad fact that I want to see classic soaps but the sadder fact is that they have fun them on various outlets even besides SoapNet. SFT ran. Texas ran. EON ran for awhile. Dark Shadows has run. Passions was run on Sci Fi.

The sad fact, if I still had all the articles, the shows were almost always stopped because of low ratings.

That's the reason if the rumor is true that Hallmark is going to run The Doctors, I am anxious to see it but see if anyone watches it or if Hallmark will soon cancel it due to low ratings.

• Members

Less that 500,000 people is a ratings record?

I will never understand people who watch this show (or it's counterpart Real Housewives of Secaucus). I truly don't understand the appeal here to watching 5 wannabe actresses posing as real women situated in Podunk discussing no topics of any interest. It's a shame that SoapNet will now rerun this ad nauseum. I miss the days when I could watch Dynasty and Dallas.

• Members

500,000 doesn't sound that great to me.

Reality shows are as varied as any other form of entertainment. I don't hate all reality shows, I think some of them are highly entertaining.

This fake, contrived nonsense, unentertaining and desperate, I think is the worst type of reality program, because it's just a derivative of a derivative of a derivative.

• Members

its entertaining. that simple. im not tuning in expecting some complex layered show with deep emotional impact and maning or anything. Im tuning in because im board, dont wanna go out, and want to be entertained. And these trashy over the top fake ass reality shows do it.

Honestly, i would watch The Real Housewvies, Top Model, and The Hills, and every I Love [____] on VH1 etc... over most soaps now. They do what soaps dont, they entertain.

• Members

I absolutely abhor reality television, when I was younger (see age 10-12) I used to love watching Survior, Real World, Joe Millionaire and Fear Factor and all of those other shows. But now I just can't watch them. I love watching actual televised shows with actual actors and actresses with plot and storytelling and I am now starting to see that Reality Television is robbing me of that.

• Members

If I understood the crazy spinned release correctly: The Belles pulled in great DEMO numbers and the 500000 viewers was a record for SoapNet REALITY series. Cause indeed, Nighshift achieved a cool mill for season 1 and Y&R is achieving better numbers each day according to one of the last realeses!?

Archived