Save the 'Light' Rally in NYC

• Members

If this were a Guidling Light appreciation event, I'd be all for it. I think it would draw more people and show that despite the show's current state there is a lot of love there. But this "Save the Light" business is becoming...unfortunate. As a great man once said:

"She's dead, Jim."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sorry but I have to blame these fans. PGP/Telenext did lie and lead them on, pretending that they were earnestly searching for "a new home" for GL and that there was a shot in hell of it happening. But where have these fans been? PGP/Telenext lies to their show's fans all the time. They've done it for decades. They've stood idly by as their show's have been ripped apart to practically nothing and they've done nothing to reverse the damage. I don't see how anyone can doubt that they don't give a damn about GL and haven't for nearly a decade if not longer. I just don't get it.

• Members

Nothing better to do today All MY Shadows?

I am sure no one would discredit you if you were trying to save something you liked and enjoyed.

I guess I missed where CBS said they would take Medium from NBC if they cancelled it.

Was that public knowledge? I may have missed it?

• Members

CBS acquired HD, filmed, Patricia Arquette starring Primetime show, Medium, because it's a CBS/Paramount Property and they need episodes to sell into syndication. Period.

GL, today, is some rinky dink, trailer trash, Springer Cam show that should be put out of it's misery.

• Members

It's raining outside, so no:(

There's a difference between not saying anything and saying that they are NOT picking up any daytime dramas.

ETA: For the record, I grew up on GL, and I don't want it to be canceled either. If there was a network that expressed interest in picking it up, I'd be TOTALLY behind it. But that's not the case, unfortunately. CBS are the ones who canceled it in the first place, so will they change their minds? Lifetime never expressed interest in the first place, so will they change their minds? I don't think so, personally.

• Members

Ignore the nayayers, ignore the jealous posters, and also IGNORE those who mocked the rally via this site! Apparently the overwhelming number of positive posts are at DC, We Love Soaps, facebook, and Soap Central but certainly NOT here.

It takes a lot of guts and time to do the rally. Thank YOU GL fans for attending the rally and to those for expressing desire to attend the rally but couldn't due to conflict of timing and geography. The spirits, thoughts and support is with ALL of you. A big kudos! ^_^

KEEP THE "LIGHT" SHINING! :D

Archived