Save the 'Light' Rally in NYC

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No snark.

This is now seriously sad. Like the old lady who is dying in a nursing home...and no one visits....no one comes to the funeral. She's outlived her generation.

Pathetically sad. Imagine that poor Pittsburgh organizer, just sitting there alone in the early cold....

• Members

I'm as big a fan as anyone else. Afterall, who in their right mind would have a screen name like GL is No1. lol.

It's time to let GL go. It had a great run that no daytime drama will ever match. There is not another outlet like CBS who could ever invest in GL as a 5 day a week program.

I'll enjoy GL until the end and then move on. The show ran its course.

• Members

The question that I have is where were all the GL fans who live in NY and Pittsburgh who post the boards how great GL is and that it should not be canceled? This is why the networks do not take online soap fans seriously.

• Members

I'm really shocked about the numbers. It's like each person should have committed to bringing one other person, and so on, and so on.

Honestly, the low turnout at these events, in some strange way, maybe have harmed daytime more than helped. Because network execs see this and say "see how puny and pathetic the crowds are...we can do whatever we want, and nobody will muster up the energy for a response."

If I were a network and I wanted to cancel, say, ATWT...the whole weakness of the "save GL" movement would, unfortunately, embolden me.

• Members

Wow... that is so sad. Interesting, too, because 4 years ago I went to GL's Superstar Saturday event at the Kings Dominion in Virginia and was surprised there were so many other GL'ers out there... Apparently they've given up watching or just don't care enough. Honestly, I don't either. The history and legacy of the show is amazing, and it'd be wonderful to see it in reruns, but its current state is just not worthwhile.

• Members

I think the bottom line for most people who love or have loved the show is that while it hurts that the show is going off the air, it's had 72 years. More than any series in the history of telvision. Quality aside, that's something to be celebrated. It's very hard to complain, protest or even actively oppose its demise. And by actively oppose- i mean rallying for its survival. isn't the last stage of grief acceptance? I look forward to that stage by GL's fans so they can just look fondly at all that GL has accomplished.

Archived