Save the 'Light' Rally in NYC

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe I'm dumb but what's the point of going to The Early Show plaza? CBS has already canceled GL and had been threatening to for years, they're not gonna bring it back. And I doubt that CBS will give them any attention unless they cause a ruckus which would probably only backfire on them.

• Members

Gosh, I'm the first one to say (to myself) that it's a lost cause, but it's so sweet to see all these folks trying to save their favorite show. GL used to be my fav show a long time ago - when the sonny/Solita story was going on. How I loved that s/l!

• Members

While we all know this is a lost cause, God love em for trying this....I don't blame them, I blame Televest/ P & G for stringing them along with the claims that they were actually trying to make something happen, and not commenting on the rumours. We know they did this to take the blame off of them for allowing the show to be gutted and allowing crap to pour out of our screens everyday we turned it on, but a lot of people on the boards are buying their line, even though, after the Phillip Returns stuff was over, the show has gone back to crap..as if no one really gives a damn...(Remy finding Diamonds...EEEEW how f*cking exciting is THAT!!)

You have people on other message boards urging everyone to stay positive until Sept 18...uh exactley what time will these people buy a clue, after the final roll of credits, three hours later. ..months later??? We also have people posting ridiculously postive things about the dumbest things on the show "OOH, didnt you just love Buzz with Loretta, I hope they get a juicy storyline together...( though I do find Loretta more interesting then Remy, maybe if SHE found the diamonds I would care) or "Thumbs up for the Edmund whodunnit!" (really what is more interesting, that it involves only three people, that there was no lead up to his death, no excitement, no urgency....)

The light IS dead, and from the looks of the show the past few weeks it deserves to die. But I dont blame the people that have hope, they are buying into the crap that P & G was shoveling and it worked perfect for the company.

• Members

Now now. Some people take the Friday before a long weekend off...so they'd be more available to go to this!

It'll be nice for them to get together, share good memories of the show, and maybe even let go a little after that.

Archived