AMC:RECAST RANDI

• Members

At least Donna could sing.

Yes!

Yup, that was fabulous me who mentioned that triangle. I mean, now it's a moot point. Frankie clearly believes in Brot and Taylor, so I wouldn't suggest a triangle at this point. But what I was saying was basically it would've been a logical choice to go. Instead of doing a dumbass Gus and Harley Davidson rehash that fell flat on its face, TPTB should've used Taylor and Frankie's friendship and history in Iraq and built up to a triangle when the revelation of Brot's being alive came about. It should've been Frankie should've been in Jake's role, and Jake should've just stayed with Amanda since he wound up back with her anyway.

I think CSJ's Frankie and Simone would've definitely worked. I think Jason Olive's Frankie and Randi would've been better -- since both of them are both models with piss poor acting experience.

That's how I feel. It's just like watching Carolyn Neff's Raquel Dion 11 years ago. Even during her last scenes after TPTB wised up and fired her, she was still stuttering and fumbling her lines, having very little connection to the material. I, foolishly, thought that once her last airdate was announced, we'd see her step it up in the elevnth hour -- but nope. That's how I feel about Vasi. I thought she would at least step it up once this storyline kicked into high gear, and everyone else is bringing something to the table. I see Taylor's using her strengths as a lieutenant to help everyone stay strong, but still be caring. I see Brot showing compassion and optimism, knowing how it's been to be on the other side. Even though I think he's way over top most of the times in even the simplest scenes, I see Darnell's Jesse trying to stay strong for Angie, but is worried as well. Do we even need to mention Angie? I've said it before that she is walking the line between breaking down completely or beatin' bitches up until she gets some answers! But Vasi's just... I don't know what she's trying convey.

As for her getting the job? Judy Blye Wilson is a long time subscriber to Michael Bruno's belief of you can teach someone how to act -- you can't teach someone how to be beautiful. Judy Blye Wilson has a history of casting inexperienced models or pretty people and allowing them to learn how to act on the job. I mean, look at Cameron, Alicia and Aiden. While Alicia is nowhere near as horrible as she was when she first came on, she's no powerhouse. Aiden's stayed the same and Cameron's charming con man mask fell off and the secret's out -- he can't act, either.

I want Tanisha Lynn back. Danielle might be younger than Frankie, but according to soap time, not by much. Frankie's allegedly 25, and Danielle was already in her late teens when she was working at Fusion. Tanisha's in her early 30s so I think they can pull it off.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y'all ain't said nuthin' but a word, because I thought that storyline contrived plot point sucked ass. I still fail to see the rationale. Danielle's too concerned about losing her virginity to Reggie -- her boyfriend... but after a couple beers, she's willing to give it up to a 30 year old white guy? It made Josh look like a perv, Danielle look like a slut and the interracial aspect of it all was just... wrong on so many levels. It was just horribly executed -- and Deee's right. Tanisha deserved a lot better. The Dragon story, which should've belonged to Tanisha/Danielle that summer, turned into the Di and Julia storyline with Danielle in the background, going "Hi! Don't forget about me!"

• Members

The Dragon storyline wasn't that much better, though. That was around the time Katrina blew into the south and my ABC station was dead for at least a month. I didn't miss AMC...and I didn't really tune back in until the Mardi Gras Explosion.

But yeah, Tanisha got the short end of the stick constantly. The early days of her and Reggie, and especially the dynamics of Dani, Livia, and Derek were awesome. The constant threats to send her back to Washington with evil Mimi, the time she and Reggie danced at the record store. All small, little details, but it was good stuff. And Tanisha was believable as a young adult! She was spunky and bubbly and.......and Randi just does not compare, ever.

• Members

I actually like Denise Vasi as Randi. She's beautiful. I do agree she does lack some talent in acting. If I'd recast I'd re-cast her with Ellen Bethea (ex-Rachel, OLTL), Kent King(Lainey, GH) or the woman who won the last I WANNA BE A SOAPSTAR who played Crystal on DAYS.

• Members

Here's another howler from her IMDb page:

"The opportunity to join 'All My Children' came to her at a very young age. As Randi Morgan, the actress plays a "hooker with a heart of gold" who is encouraged by Dr. Frankie Hubbard (Cornelius Smith, Jr.) to ditch her tumultuous past and lead a more fulfilling life. It's a complicated role, but one that the New York native has embraced, working directly with the show's producers to develop her character arch and watching Jane Fonda in Klute for inspiration.

:lol:

• Members

I don't have a huge problem with the actress. With all the problems with AMC, she is small potatoes.

I agree with everyone who says a Frankie/Taylor/Brot triangle would be amazing. And Randi & Petey have real chemistry, much more than Petey & Colby. If I were going to recast anyone, it would be actress who plays Colby.

Archived