The Inauguration of Barack Obama

Toups

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um, do you pay attention to politics? Obama has nominated staff for his cabinet already (6 were confirmed by the senate today) and he has chosen people with experience, unlike Bush. You might want to check CNN for more information.

• Members

It looks like it was fatigue and Sen. Kennedy will be OK.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/20/ina...apse/index.html

President Obama -- I so enjoy saying that -- is taking charge. He's instructed agencies not to implement any midnight executive orders until they are reviewed by the incoming administration. He's meeting tomorrow with the Secretary of Defense to get the ball rolling on a withdrawal from Iraq. He's also meeting with this economic team to get the ball rolling on a bi-partisan economic recovery plan.

We didn't get into our current mess over night and we should not expect to get out of it quickly either. I'm happy that the President and, apparently, members of Congress in both parties are going to try to work together.

• Members

Is anyone else watching the neighborhood ball? An does anyone else think nick cannon got thrown a bone because his wife mariah carey was one of the performers. What the hell is going on with Jay-z's fashion sense, first the hideous hat and now the big oversized glasses, he's been hanging out with kanye too much. The Obama's looked great in their first dance. I liked Michelle's lime-green outfit, and her ball gown is just okay.

• Administrator

This is so awesome - The Obama admin......The West Wing style.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Archived