The Inauguration of Barack Obama

Toups

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I read this at another board.

Rosa sat.......so Martin could walk.

Martin walked........so Barack could run.

And Barack ran........so all of our children can fly.

God Bless our new President, our new Vice-President, their familes, this nation........

And the citizens of the world.

• Administrator

Wow, I love that!

I saw on the news that many Canadians are having Obama parties tomorrow and some movie theatres will be showing the inauguration.

Not only are Americans excited for tomorrow, but people all around the world are.

• Members

More than anything you have ever said before I agree with all of that.

Esp this:

"been burned by too many Presidents"

This will be the 9th President in my lifetime and there is not one of them that didn't let me down. You add in the Senators and Representatives and Governors and it gets really really bad.

There have only been 2 State and National Politicians in my lifetime that when they left office I felt better about them being there than I did when they came in. So call me jaded but not only with Presidents but I don't give any of them the benefit of the doubt.

• Members

Oh, I voted for him and he still has to show me he won't get in there and act like a damn fool.

But, unlike others, I appreciate to day, as do the millions standing out in the Mall right now and watching around the world. If he does a good job, he deserves credit. If he [!@#$%^&*] up, I'll be the first to vote him out........

But, I'm giving him a damn chance first.

Archived