GL's Olivia and Natalia: Women in Love, Part 1

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like them so far, my big concern is that throughout the entire Wheeler/Kreizman regime, GL has had an abysmal record of recognizing which couples work and keeping them together and writing for them. Every pairing that worked: Josh & Reva, Gus & Harley, Dinah & Mallet, Cyrus & Marina, Rick & Beth, Buzz & Olivia, etc. got ripped apart for the stupidest of reasons and replaced with pairings that totally sucked and practically nobody liked: Jeffrey & Reva, Josh & Cassie, Gus & Natalia, Harley & Cyrus, Mallet & Marina, Daisy & Grady, Beth & Alan, etc. If they're gonna do this story, they need to do it with complete commitment to the characters and to their relationship.

My only real concerns with a potential romantic relationship between them is that soaps tends to be wusses about this kind of thing. How long were Luke & Noah sitting in neutral or going in reverse as a couple because Telenext, PGP, and/or CBS didn't have the guts to pull the trigger and portray a complete relationship between them? Bianca and Reese's relationship is focused almost entirely on a man, Bianca's brother in-law. It's turned out to be all about Bianca's insecurity that Reese seems to be far more interested in and compatible with Zach than her and might be either bisexual or even straight afterall? There's no point in GL going there unless there is a commitment to doing it for real. These two have been living together for barely a few weeks and they're already the show's most viable, compelling couple. The question is whether GL is finally committed to relationships again. To love. To passion. To romance, family, loyalty, the whole bit. If not, why bother, especially if someone higher up will insist that it only be a half-assed attempt anyway. And as good as these two could be together, they can't be the show's only viable couple. GL needs to reunite Josh & Reva and a few other decent couples that shouldn't have been broken up in the first place while pursing the few they already have that do work: Buzz & Lillian, Bill & Lizzie, and perhaps developing something between Dinah & Shayne if they won't reunite her with Mallet.

Bottom line: this is a golden opportunity. Please don't blow it.

• Members

I love Otalia and they have a dynamite chemistry together. I've watched Olivia since she came to GL in 1999 as she has been paired with Phillip, Alan, Frank, Buzz, Bill in the past which she had great chemistry with all them but Natalia...it's va va va VRRROOOOM! I'm starting to think "Gus who?" LOL!

• Members

The link didn't work, but I will find the article and read it. It is good to see P&G leading the way on this -- that old image of P&G as "conservative" in its soaps hasn't seemed true to me for a long time now.

I agree that GL does tend to break up its best couples though, and I hope they don't do that with Olivia and Natalia.

• Members

I bet this is just their way of having them kiss and Natalia say OMG what people think that? I'm going to move out and take up with a man or (pleasepleasepleaseplease) leave town... (with her useless son in an urn maybe?)

I doubt they'll take it full steam, EW's too much of a moron, err, mormon for that to happen.

Archived