American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm glad rocker chick got through and that Nicki said what she said ... just judge by what they sung -- some people are versatile and can do different things and/or like different genres of music. So I'm happy Keith was the tiebreaker and got her to go to HW.

• Members

I came into watching American Idol feeling like I was going to see a lot of Mariah "shading" Nicki? It hasn't been like that. It has been a lot of Nicki throwing an attitude about the judging of the others. I'm not paying 100% attention so maybe I missed something.

• Members

Oh Mariah, just STFU. I wonder if FOX regrets this decision. I know I sure as hell would.

I get exactly what Nicki was saying and its sad that she has to keep bringing it up and tbh I'd rather hear about outfits than asking countless questions about what genres of music the person likes and they probably do feel bullied into going with one or the other just so they can get through to the next round. There is a way to let someone know that they may be better suited for something else with their voice but they're going about it the wrong way.

LMAO even if she went back to the tape Mariah she still gives WAY better critiques than you... she copies off of Nicki so much that its almost embarrassing and her comment about wanting to storm off the set... please have several seats. I'm ready for the next place and for Nicki's other outfit already.

I miss Cheap too with gifs in real time.

• Members

I kinda liked that guy that sang A Whole New World, he wasn't too bad but it just wasn't for him at this moment.

Mariah had me cracking up and how they kept making bacon pop up for her.

Awww the girl with the daughter was really good -- I didn't know what to think when she said Fresh Prince of Bel Air but she did really good. LMAO when Mariah was all, she gave you a nickname since that's all Nicki's been doing since the first hour.

• Members

Several seasons ago, a girl sang the theme song to A Different World. She made it to Hollywood but when she first said what she was singing, I was like, "blink.png."

I agree that they were dragging out the country thing in a way that didn't seem particularly constructive to me. She obviously had good enough of a voice so send her to Hollywood and let her sink or swim from there. She'll have a couple of months to think about the genre thing before Hollywood week.

• Members

Oooooooooo you've piqued my curiosity SFK, I must find this clip on YT.

They really were -- I need for them to stop trying to put people in categories and sub categories at this point. You can suggest but please stop badgering. But I do agree with some that they could have did all of that when she left the room. She looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

• Members

Just watched Wednesday's show

tumblr_mh5ulvV7GQ1ql5yr7o1_250.giftumblr_mh5ulvV7GQ1ql5yr7o2_250.gif

just watched and still Team Nicki. I felt she was justifi with what lef her to walk off. I saw her sticking up for the singer and the other judges picking apart at one little comment. The press made such a big deal out of this as it wasnt some big blowup between Nicki and Mariah at all. Randi helped instigate that stuff and the two women didnt even have alot of direct words to each other. And of course Nicki came back as a professional and didnt let that weigh her down the next day. Of cours she got no credit for that in the press as they made her out to be an immature diva

tumblr_mh6xubkl671s0zmzno1_500.gif

Nicki's outfits? A hot mess. The first pink wig was awful and what she wore in the second half was just....no. I felt she looked better in the first week of shows

Awww, I thought it was touching when that girl got her good news and then cried back "Please dont fight. It makes us sad"

IDA'd with the judges. I actually liked the Bacon guy. He started off rough but got better.

In other news

a7OdKh3.jpg

Sweetie gets two steps closer to living her dream as becoming her master Kim Zolciak, by donning a blonde wigging and singing. Im be dead if she came out singing "Dont be Tardy for the Party"

tumblr_mh5yfuZ22c1rfx5eqo3_250.gif

tumblr_mh6z7zEjYV1rj9gaco1_500.png

I thought this was cute but didnt like how her mother tried to manipulate Nicki by bringing out the kid and laying it on thick before her audition. I did like how she was original and chose an unconventional song. She made it her own

• 2 weeks later...

Archived