American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I'm sorry AMDatGH! I promise to try a little harder seeing as I could probably record hart of Dixie.

Nicki is on point even moreso now that she has fired her stylist/make-up artist and the lot that sometimes had her looking like a damn caricature.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, she did that but I was comparing her to Dame Shirley in my head. Oof, do you remember poor Cissy strugglin with that when she sang Bridge Over Trouble Waters and traded out "I" for "He (Gawd)", throwing off all the tenses?

• Members

Are we watching different shows? Angie was great and Candice was even better. Janelle picked too safe of a song.

However, the song choices feel like a 'been there, done that' kind of thing. The boys are terribly generic and boring.

They definitely want a girl to win.

Paul was a bit overrated, IMHO.

• Members

LOL!! I am indeed laughing at people saying "Jordin's was good, but..." !?!?!!? Jordin Sparks is now the bar for I Who Have Nothing? Helllllll no. Sylvester comes before her.

I think we're watching the same show lol I liked Candice, and I think SFK did too! We just chucklin' at her swapping pronouns mid-song.

• Members

I really like Lazaro and I want him to do well, but a song choice like that just doesn't hold up.

One thing about the guys, there isn't a lot of overt masculinity going on (moreso than in past seasons) so I don't see Bieber-lke crushes winning any of them votes.

I just saw Randy shake his head when she hit that note on "Cryin'", like, "No, ya didn't make it."

Absolutely, you know they're close buds IRL, right?

Now I want waffles, damn you Nerki Minerjjj!

• Members

Of course! And they should be!

I like Lazaro as well. Maybe I was a little hasty to judge last week, but I'm mostly enjoying it tonight for the stage of the competition we're in. I can see myself sticking it out.

Nicki goes off on such random tangents, but people who get pissed about that need to have a seat.

Archived