American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry but thank god the save wasn't used on Curtis! WAY too early and while he has an amazing, powerhouse voice I just don't think he would've ever appealed to enough viewers out there. I'm sure he will have a successful gospel career regardless. Best of luck to him.

Part of me HATES knowing how the contestants rank up now. They went and copied The X Factor. LOL.

LMAO. Paul was in 8th place. Deserved!

Worst of the night Lazaro was 4th place rolleyes.gif Whatev.

Warmed my heart seeing Candice & Kree in the top 3 wub.png I wish Amber was in Angie's place and it would've been perfect.

Angie rolleyes.gif She's soo annoying. Did anyone notice how she was acting during Curtis' performance? Total phony!

Devin, Devin, Devin. Damn. Nicki kind of slammed him, didn't she?! I REALLY, really want to see him make a huge comeback next week. He needs too. I know he has it in him!

• Members

Thanks!

OMG. How dare you say that about Amber! Take it back! LOL.

All I see, hear & get from Paul is sheer awfulness!

Love it!

Agreed. I think they just need to mix it up in terms of who judges first after each performance. It's so boring starting with Keith all the time!

Mariah is ALWAYS looking disgusted with Nicki's antics/comments. LOL

• Members

Did they do makeovers yet? I feel like they haven't and idk why idol comes off looking so cheap to me this season compared to seasons past. idk idk idk

Thanks for posting that vid AMDatGH! She slayed. I always forget this is on and then tune into the final hour and no one I really care about is singing. I am pretty excited Jessica Sanchez is back to perform.

• Members

Hey they listened to us and let the judges rotate who went first after each performance tonight! Great! So much better.

LMAO did anyone notice Nicki rolling her eyes when Paul was hitting his big note? That's exactly how I was feeling during it. Like...ok he hit that amazing note but there still wasn't one thing impactful about it. He just trys way too hard and comes off incredibly manufactured. He's THINKING instead of FEELING & EMOTING. He didn't connect with the song at all. Another awful performance.

Lazaro...no comment. I can't.

Angie...I don't care how good her voice is, she's so irritating to me. Everything about her seems forced. She should take notes from Amber & Candice who come off very congenial.

Burnell...wow! I was blown away by his rendition of "Let it Be!" He does the most interesting things with every song he chooses, It's always exciting to see what he comes up with. Best of the night in my book.

Was glad to see Candice do something more up tempo, I thought it was a bit over the top & sloppy at times, just in terms of the arrangement & sound, but her vocal once again was flawless and it was fun to see her move around the stage and engage with the crowd more.

I don't think Amber enjoyed that song at all but she sounded great.

Once again loved Kree. She's blossoming!

Devin definitely stepped it up. Good song choice & solid performance. I hope he gets through & next week chooses a song that allows him to loosen up a bit & connect with the crowd because I think that's what's missing w/him.

Janelle...once again, eh. She's good but just doesn't stand out to me that much.

They do makeovers? Never noticed! LOL maybe I'm just drawing a blank.

The stage seems smaller this season.

Your welcome! I really enjoyed that performance. She definitely did slay!

• Members

Kree ... she was awesome. I quickly downloaded her and Burnell's songs.

Burnell ... a great performance. I thought he did really well. I like his voice and he finally stood out for me. Definitely the best of the piss-poor guys.

Amber ... I was mixed like the judges. She's amazing but I don't know. I think she could actually be in trouble if the fangurls rally behind Paul, Devin and Lazaro, all who should go before her. I don't trust the voters.

Lazaro .... sigh. I can totally see this experience is overwhelming him. He shouldn't be kept just because everyone feels badly for him. I really do too but he's not good. Or hasn't been at all lately. I fear he's going to outlast a few people he probably shouldn't, though I'd be fine with Paul and Devin going before him, I guess, if he has to stick around.

Candice ... fantastic! LOVE her. She's great. I can't praise them anymore LOL.

Paul ... he wasn't nearly as bad as the judges wanted him to be. He did better than last week, IMHO. He's not the most thrilling to watch and compared to all 5 girls, he pales in comparison.

Devin ... I think he's holding back a little bit. IDK. He's just kind of there and I honestly forget about him. Probably not a great sign for him. He's not BAD though, he's second best guy after Burnell, they both have good voices.

Angie ... I hate her playing up the cameras, but she's got an amazing voice. I could see her winning if I had to pick someone now, even though I prefer Kree or Candice or even Janelle. She's still great. It's gonna be rough for the women soon because they're all good.

Janelle ... wow. I'm very glad she picked the song she did and she really highlighted her voice. I thought she was good last week, of course she's good, but it was all "gone gone gone" and this week ... perfect song for her. She's like a mix of Kellie Pickler and Carrie Underwood to me. The dorkiness of Kellie yet the great talent of Carrie (not that Kellie isn't, but she wasn't the best on her season, though she's great now).

Aubrey ... was nice to see her get into the tour. Great voice. I loved seeing her mom in the audience so happy. Charlie needs a bath.

I like the smaller stage and Nicki has been a great judge.

Archived