American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Candice-Glover-American-Idol-Top-20-500xAmber-Holcomb-American-Idol-Top-20-500x3

wub.png OMG...Top 2, please!

Candice...wow. One of the best performances on Idol that I have ever seen, right up there with my personal faves "Summertime" (Fantasia Barrino) & "Ring of Fire" (Adam Lambert). Her voice is just sensational. I adore her and, at this point, hope she wins!

And Amber...she's opening her shell up more & more every week and It's so beautiful to watch. She's a total star in the making. She hasn't had one bad performance yet.

Now prepare for a bunch of rolleyes.gif 's...

jolley-paul-x-large.jpg

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif Ugh....

This guy & his permanent, phoney joker smile gets on my last [@#$%]ing nerves. His voice is NOT that great, I LAUGHED OUT LOUD when Jimmy told him that he "perpetually oversings." It's SO true. And that performance tonight was awful. He took Jimmy's notes and didn't oversing but it was still bad IMO. SORRY, SOAPSUDS! Something about him just seems so annoying & bogus to me. Overrated as hell. Goodbye!

lazaro_arbos_1170x658-500x375.png.png

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif I am so, so sorry but not.

I completely fail to see what's so great about Lazaro. Ok he's a nice little adorable guy w/an immense amount of courage, but that voice? NO....JUST NO. TERRIBLE. WHEN has he ever had a good performance where he was on pitch the whole time?! PLEASE tell me. He's literally ALL over the place everytime, IMO! I just don't enjoy his voice & how he seems so jittery & nervous all the time!

The rest of the contestants. Angie Miller - rolleyes.gif Like...I think her voice is good but something about her annoys me, kind of like how I was annoyed by Haley Reinhart during her season (read back a few pages)...but Angie's voice is MILES better than hers. Jimmy hit the nail on the head when he said she comes off like a pageant queen on stage when she's performing.

Still loving Kree.

Devin needs to step it up, I really want to root for him but, as Randy said, I thought that was a really safe/boring choice tonight. I really hope he makes it through because I want to see more of him.

Burnell is in my top 3. What a unique tone/voice, he's no doubt going to go places whether he wins this thing or not. I was so happy when Nicki mentioned his India Arie performance from the other night - that was THE BEST!

Janelle? Curtis? Eh!

Mariah can GO. Seriously. So done with her sugary sweet "judging." Does she even know how to give critique? She gives NO negative feedback or any constructive criticism like the others. She's always buttering them up & saying "Do what you do" or "I really loved your voice at the auditions [...] cant wait to see more" bitch please.

• Members

I finally got to see the show. i will be shocked if Candice doesnt win. She is by far the best from anyone else on there. Amber is [!@#$%^&*] overrated. I dont think she is all that...JMO of course...

My boy Paul....boy do I get gay vibes on him....maybe thats what you are seeing....lol....one of the female girl audience said she loved him and he had a weird reaction to it...lol....I thought check...thought so gay....lol ....I dont think he oversings his songs like Mariah said...I have a feeeling the producers dont want anyone overshadowing certain singers.

Lazaro....poor Lazaro...he has a great voice but the Breakaway song was a total disaster last night....

The rest of the singers in the competition..meh...dont care

• Members

I wonder to what extent was she reprimanded for being late last night.

I think they need to let Mariah comment first sometimes just to see how it goes down. Nikki has such sharper critique and by the time they get down the line to Mariah, she has scraps and basically puts a sweet bow on it. I have a feeling that's what it would be like if they started with her anyway, but still, just curious.

Archived