American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But that was probably the producers doing, not his. That whole package on him that aired was filmed after he auditioned for the producers and told his story. They then selected him to do a "package" on him and sent cameras to his house to film, etc. and probably told him to wear the shorts. If you remember correctly they didn't tell us until about 2-3 minutes into the video that he had lost his leg, as a bit of a shock. And as soon as they said that, they panned to him at the auditions and showed him in the shorts with the fake leg. So, IMO, that was the producers doing not him seeking attention.

Take it from someone who has auditioned for the show, everything is manufactured and they CONTROL everything from what you wear to what you sing to, well, everything.

• Members

Sort of. He auditioned for the producers days or weeks before he EVER made it to the judges. When you go to IDOL auditions, you audition in front of producers, then move to another set of producers, so on and so on, and after about 7 rounds, THEN you move to the judges. And the judges are not even there the day you first audition. If you make it to the judges round, you don't see them the day you go to your first audition. If the producers put you through, you are called back weeks later when the judges are actually in that city. So, in the weeks between when the producers put him through and when he actually saw the judges, that's when they filmed his video package, and probably instructed him to wear shorts to the audition in front of the judges.

• Members

"I've been singing Mariah since I been born and I guess she been born long before me." mellow.png

Ohhh, okay, see I knew that you went through several steps but I thought that all happened in one super long day for the most part.

Archived