American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only thing that would have made this performance even funnier is if Jennifer had "accidentally" side-swiped Jessica off her feet at the 1.15 mark.

I liked Jessica's singing in this song, this is one of her only belted renditions that she's done that I like. It's typically her softer performances that I like - like Beyonce's "Beautiful Nightmare" and even "The Prayer" on Tuesday. I think she's way, way, way over-rated in terms of power songs especially with IWALY.

If I had to guess who is going to end up being most successful from this season, it's the one who sang with Reba by a distance unless Phillip goes country, Jessica (if she has somebody smart guiding her through what to sing and what not to sing) and possibly Joshua. Joshua's performance of "A Man's World" was the best performance all year on Idol. But he's old school church and James Brown, I don't know how much that would sell.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Nicki Minaj in as American Idol judge? That's the rumor going strong right now.

TMZ has this to say on Mariah Carey's reaction to the news:

Nicki Minaj may well become a judge on "American Idol," but it will be at the expense of Mariah Carey, who we're told hung up the phone when she was told Nicki was the top candidate.

Sources connected with "Idol" tell TMZ ... Mariah was led to believe she would be the only woman on the judge's panel. Choosing Nicki would not only crush that expectation, it would add insult to injury because Nicki (29) is a lot younger than Mariah (42).

As for the composition of the judge's panel, we're told by no means is it a done deal. There are 2 scenarios being played out. First, it's unclear if Randy Jackson will come back as a judge or a mentor. If he leaves the judge's panel, there will be another spot to fill.

The second scenario ... we're told some of the honchos believe it's a mistake to have 2 women and a man on the panel, and a 4th male judge would be necessary.

As for who's still in the running, we're told Brad Paisley, Keith Urban and Enrique Iglesias are leading the pack.

And there's one other thing ... Sources connected with the show say they're worried ... if the judges end up being Mariah, Nicki and Randy ... middle America might not welcome the blackout.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2.../#ixzz24Djwti6c

• Members

This reminds me of when Idol began making sure black contestants had little chance of winning, after Fantasia and Ruben won (the only one who had any push was Jordin Sparks). Nasty stuff. I'm glad I don't watch this show anymore.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived