American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She really is and they definitely said that she did when they had the TCA as she was the most engaging and, for lack of a better word, real with her criticism and you definitely get that sense. I don't care about her issues with Mariah -- I just mainly care what they can bring to these people that have hopes and dreams of getting this title.

I will say Mariah got on my nerves a lot during the first hour with her "I'm going to have to say no since I'm outnumbered" .... Um if you truly liked that person you can still say yes even if you are outnumbered.

• Members

Awesome premiere. I thought Nicki was a great judge as well. She was so entertaining and I loved her feedback to the contestants and how she tried to have personal moments w/almost all of them. Keith is a pleasant addition too. Mariah's judging came off very manufactured to me most of the time and I just found her highly annoying & smug.

Wow...I was actually pulling for the guy w/the one leg to go through! I LOVED his rendition of "Wanted Dead or Alive!"

My fave was the Turbanator guy. He was really cool, minus his beard. So glad Nicki gave him a chance though because I think he really could have something special. Looking forward to seeing him in Hollywood week.

Forget his name but I liked the train guy who messed up at first & ended up pulling it together. Really interesting voice.

No one else really stood out to me. The girl who sang Super Bass made me LOL. Just no! Her first performance was really bland and clearly she's not gonna go the Pop/Rap route so I was SMH when she got through.

LOL!

laugh.png

YES!! These were my exact thoughts. I didn't think she sounded that great either!

• Members

I turned it off halfway through. I think by the 30 minute mark there might have been two auditions. From what I saw the show was not interested in the contestants instead keeping the camera on the judges, even while the judges were talking over someone singing. Then that girl came on and butchered "Summertime" and these judges said it was great. She sang it in that horrible Mariah style where you suck all tune out of the song by dragging every note on needlessly until the song is barely recognizable. The one legged guy I felt sorry for until I realized he intentionally wore shorts to get his one leg on camera. I thought he sang well enough, I guess he didn't do so-called runs, and therefore was not good enough for the esteemed judges.

Archived