American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I absolutely FLOVE Paul! His performance of that Ryan Adams song is probably my favorite of the year so far. Casey did a pretty good job on that Joe Cocker song, but has basically sucked ever since and IMO, in the bottom the past 2 weeks performance-wise. Stefanno is another one I just don't connect with- I can't believe he hasn't gone already.

As for the girls, I love Lauren's personality and think she has a strong voice. She's the one I'm probably most emotionally attached to thusfar. But performance-wise, Pia is amazing and I hope she takes it to the end. Her voice and control is amazing and she's probably the best vocalist the show has had since Kelly Clarkson. The performance this week was a little boring, but it was mostly song choice (and not style choice, as the judges would have you believe). I find Thia boring, though she improved this week. I LOVED Naima during top 24, but she has been inconsistent ever since. She brought some fire this week, but she really butchered Tina Turner's iconic "What's Love Got to Do With It?" last week. Wasn't Lil's rendition a couple years back bad enough? This was even worse! And Hayley comes off as a bitch to me too. I haven't liked her attitude throughout the top 13 competition and am ready for her to go.

• Members

Yeah they need to revamp that panel, I like them individually just no longer as hudges of A.I. Diana Ross JR problem is she thought she was a great ballad singer, she was ok. She needed to do old classic pop or contemporary pop that allowed her to shne. Jacob is really good (he still needs work). The guy who sang Smokey Ronkul is my pick ( lol don't know why his name slips me though) he's extremly good the best overall imo but the others are talented too and with the right training can surpass him there.

• Members

I loved it to! The judges didn't seem to dig it though and I'm afraid she'll get voted off tomorrow night because of it :(

I also liked Lauren & Pia's performances. Everyone else was just ok to me minus Paul who I thought was just awful.

I mean, I love Steven Tyler, but...all he does is praise people, he gives absolutely no criticism whatsoever to anyone. I find him to be useless.

About Jacob, I *LOVED* his performance last week, particularly beginning in the middle (0:58). I thought he did AMAZING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ-2E6pRx9U

• Members

Something about her reminds me of Sade. Weird, I know.

I don't really know all their names, but Casey wasn't all that great and it seemed like they touted his performance to justify their saving him. I still like the deep voiced kid and loved the bit with the grandmother. AI always has gushed over high glory notes, but this guy hits low notes none of them can hit. The screamer with the high hair and the fire to me is like an imitation Adam Lambert with all the screaming. He screams every week. Pia I think they overrate. She seems like just another AI performer who wants to sing ballads and sing glory notes because it always gets applause. Didn't we see her already when she was called Katherine McPhee? Or the Irish girl from a few years back who was actually a professional singer? They all are alike and none of them amount to anything no matter how much the judges insist they are the best singers on the show. I do like the skinny blond guy who sings in the voice that sounds like he is high as he sings. I forget his name.

• Members

Oh, I like him because he seems to understand that singing softly is just as legit as whoawhoawhoaing, "runs", and screaming. I don't think he can win, but he reminds me of a singer you might have heard in the 1970s in a Paul Simon kind of vein.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QPp-UuSvnHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh, and Pia, you chose a song enshrined in Idol history. No one should touch it.

• Members

"Let me just say this... if I'm in the bottom three, it's not because I sang the song bad or wrong, it's because America's not ready to look in the mirror."

Excuse me?? :huh:

Dude, you are smelling yourself, sitchore glossy lipped ass down. <_<

Archived