American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know! I feel as if they set her up to fail. I think she'll be ok this week.

I'm sorry but I HATED HATED HATED what James did to "I can't Live" one of my all time favorite songs ever, and I thought he absolutely butchered it. Not to mention the crying. I feel like James is so fake. Maybe I'm a douche, but I honestly don't believe it when he cries. I felt that way when he auditioned and I feel it now. H

• Members

I hate how much they emphasize genre on this show. You can take any song and turn it into any genre. One of my male BFFs sings great soft, sensitive, country versions of the songs from Britney's new album with a very rich, deep tone #shamelessplug

Jacob sucked ass, screeching and squealing, scowling at us and smelling farts.

LMFAO at Lauren and Scotty. If she had 'tude, they could be like Cawnway'n'Lorettie Lite.

• Members

I don't see all the hype about Scotty McCreery either. He apparently lived like 7 miles away from me or some sh!t, but I don't see why that means I'm supposed to worship at his temple and sacrifice my firstborn for him???? He ain't that great. He sings the same song every week...Whereas I can vividly remember what the others sang week to week....When I think Scotty I just remember country. Cause that's all he ever does. And not only does he just do country....He does the SAME TYPE of country every week. Lame.

• Members

This is actually the first season I've enjoyed this show since Daughtry was on.

My pick is Jacob, after that, Haley (she's alot like Cat Power), after her is James. (my mom's favorite)

Scotty's a darkhorse for me. I think that if he did one of the country songs I love. "Standing Outside The Fire" by Garth Brooks he'd be my top pick. I'm not too into Lauren. She reminds me too much of Kellie/Carrie/etc. :(

Archived