Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toups

2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

It makes no sense to bring her on as a lower-level producer if their full intention is to install her as EP. There is really no reason why they can't just bring her in right away as EP, and that would make more sense. Who knows what's up!

Well maybe another show was courting Lisa so ABC had to act fast and sign her but couldn't install her as the EP until JHC's contract was officially up. I'm just speculating.

Well maybe another show was courting Lisa so ABC had to act fast and sign her but couldn't install her as the EP until JHC's contract was officially up. I'm just speculating.

It seems like a dumb business decision, because not only do they have to pay Lisa now, they have to pay Julie in addition. And we know ABC has been making some heavy budget cuts lately.

I too don't understand why she just couldn't take over as EP. I don't think any other show was looking for a new EP.

Did SOW specify which producer position Lisa would be occupying? I highly doubt ABC would hire her for a lower-level producer position job if they didn't intend on giving her an EP position. I seriously she'll have much power anyway.

If she does take over as EP, I hope she gets rid of the ridiculous film look and improves the editing department on AMC. The show's picture quality is a mess.

Night Shift 2 looked almost identical to AMC, so I doubt she'll ditch the film look, should she become EP.

Night Shift 2 looked almost identical to AMC, so I doubt she'll ditch the film look, should she become EP.

Didn't NS have the film look since season 1 though? It did look very well for NS, but it looks ridiculous on a daily daytime soap opera. I understand a weekly series in primetime having that kind of a look, but it just doesn't gel all that well on traditional daytime soap operas.

It makes no sense to bring her on as a lower-level producer if their full intention is to install her as EP. There is really no reason why they can't just bring her in right away as EP, and that would make more sense. Who knows what's up!

They probably brought her on as a lower-level producer so that she can get familiar with the show. The same thing was done with Paul Rauch before he replaced Josh Griffith at Y&R, wasn't it?

^Rauch joined as an uncredited consultant before he was offered the Co-EP job in September. Still, I doubt he was paid all that much to consult, Lisa's producing credit will come with a much bigger price tag attached to it.

Don't buy that ABC would bring her on under JHC just so she "could train." First of all, JHC had no experience with AMC and was signed to become EP as soon as PC was axed. They didn't pussyfoot around with having her "getting familar with the show." Plus, Lisa has worked on this show before...so...

Don't buy that ABC would bring her on under JHC just so she "could train." First of all, JHC had no experience with AMC and was signed to become EP as soon as PC was axed. They didn't pussyfoot around with having her "getting familar with the show." Plus, Lisa has worked on this show before...so...

That's true. There's no need to train her when she's already worked on the show. Granted, it was a while ago, but it's better than nothing.

And since when has anything been decided in the last few years in this industry based on "good sense"?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if AMC ended up having to pay off two executive producers and two head writers before the year is out, while "grooming" another EP/HW match-up. LMAO!

Lynsey Dufour was listed as script writer for AMC today..... Toups did you know about this?

Lynsey Dufour was listed as script writer for AMC today..... Toups did you know about this?

Oh god, Dufour was a HORRIBLE Latham pet at Y&R. Her scripts were cringe-worthy if I remember correctly, and her comments during the strike made me hate her much more. LOL!

JHC probably doesn't come cheap, so I can see them replacing her with someone cheap

If she's as bad as is being said, that's probably why the show was so boring today