OLTL: Discussion for the Week of December 15th

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Loving the court room stuff, but I am not loving OLTL's short scenes....just as a scene is coming to a boil, we switch to another scene or go to commercial. These two minute scenes are seriously interfering with my enjoyment of the show. I guess the days of five minute scenes are loooong gone. I guess they think our attention spans are so short that they need to keep switching things up on us. They seriously underestimate us! As smartly written as OLTL is these days, you would think that they would let us luxuriate in a scene before pulling the plug so quicky.

• Members

What is up with Shane's age? When he first appeared last Oct, he was said to be 10 but this past week Rex mentioned that he was 10 years old.Um shouldnt he have had a birthday within the past 400 days?

AMC's Melissa Claire Egan is going to give her a run for her money. Every year I think Supporting Actress is the toughest category to win bc it has the best lot of talented actresses. There is just too much good talent here to be recognized

• Members

She always brings it. That's what I think makes her such an amazing talent. Susan and FL waltzed in were given tremendous material and they delivered it, no argument. But Kassie spins gold from garbage day in and day out for years. She is amazing IMO. I appreciated her comments about having talented women in her age group to interact with. She was at risk of being bumped into the HBS/RS/ES age group purely for lack of other 40 something females on the canvas.

• Members

I agree FL is a force onscreen as Tea. The character is so nasty, so vicious, and so exultant about it that she just exudes classic "soap bitch," and Florencia plays it perfectly. She could have a long run on the show again if they used her this way instead of trying to pretend she was a heroine, which was the mistake with her character often in the past. Unfortunately I can't imagine a situation onscreen right now which could warrant that, short of her becoming Mrs. Manning again and her and Todd being evil and repulsive together - and I don't really want to see Todd do that.

Archived