OLTL: Discussion for the Week of December 15th

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont like the Zbox plot either. In this bad economy (which has been acknowledged on the show), sorry but Shane is just going to have to do without. I get where Rex is coming from but broke people dont go spending hundreds of dollars on some game system. We're in a recession. Tough luck

• Members

That's the thing that I'm having such a tough time with in terms of the Marty/Todd situation, the insertion of jealousy and other conventional relationship entanglements. What happened here wasn't a lovers spat, Todd committed very serious crimes against Marty again and we need to see her fighting him and Tea as a crusade for justice and dignity, not something spawned out of sexual jealousy or her running from whatever feelings she's supposed to have for him.

I'm hoping that the scenes of Todd with Margaret the other day where the beginning of a shift in direction where Todd really starts to understand what he did. I really liked seeing him respond to Margaret's very Todd-like come-ons with the exact same answers that Marty would give him now if he said those things to her (and he would if he was alone with her) and Margaret pointing that out. I hope they follow through on that as this case progresses.

Exactly. I get that Rex wants to swoop in and play hero but times are tough all over and he's not gonna do the kid any favors by pretending that they're immune. If Shane was five, I could understand it but he's old enough to get it even if he doesn't like it.

I can't get over how fabulous Dorian still is. I adored her magnificent diva-hood when I was ten and still do.

• Members

Thank God there are others who feel the same about the Z Box. I doubt people who are sitting at home because of this recession are enjoying watching rich folks buy a bunch of gifts, or squabbling over a petty gaming system. Sometimes I miss the middle class or true working family on soaps.

• Administrator

Just give Susan Haskell the Emmy for Supporting Actress right now! What an amazing performance once again. I can't get over how great these Nora/Tea and Marty/Tea scenes are. You have powerful actresses in a meaty storyline. It's just awesome to watch this kind of soap opera.

I hate the Z-Box thing too. It makes Rex look like an idiot who's trying to buy his son's love. He's broke and yet he's willing to pay up to $600 for a gaming system? Idiot!!

I hope so too, MTS. They've been the 2 best soaps this year. No other soaps come close.

• Members

I love both Jess Walton and Susan Haskell.

I think Susan's performances are above and beyond any actress this year.

And yes, very different performances. And in all fairness, Susan's emmy performances did not even begin until November sweeps while Jess's were consistently excellent all year.

I think based on tapes- Susan to me would win hands down. But Jess's understated emotional material is excellent stuff. Judith Chapman is just so one note and overblown I can't even take it.

I hear Ellen Dolan has some good stuff this year as well. I have never seen an episode of ATWT in my life so I have no clue.

I want Melody to get her due this year as lead Actress. That is my one hope. But you have Erika in Victors tomb and Kay and Marge and its a pretty cool race.

• Members

Susan Haskell should most definitely win for best supporting actress. And yes, Jess Walton's awesome too, but Judith Chapman's embarrassing to watch. She's SO cartoonish.

I wish they had a best guest star award. Florencia and Tuc could get nominated.

Archived