Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

How ironic, considering the unusually elevated numbers of American Jewish voters who voted for Trump and how Bibi has been lauding Trump lately. Well, there is often a difference between what Bibi says publicly and what he does behind closed doors.

Israeli intelligence fears Donald Trump’s administration will funnel their secrets to Vladimir Putin, Russia

In short, the Israelis now need to watch their own back.

• Members

Don't a lot of the intelligence and military in the country have issues with Bibi anyway?

I was reading about a poll from a few days ago that had 30% of Democratic voters supporting Palestine and 30% Israel. That was seen as a shock as it's always been a wide majority position for Democrats to support Israel. Bibi's power games and his open loathing of Obama seem to have taken a toll. 

• Members

Many have issues with Bibi but few have expressed it publicly, which is why Netanyahu can be investigated for corruption previously yet be elected like, three times to PM.

Though France and Germany certainly disagree with Israel over Iran (both Euro countries have done business with Iran even when the U.S. had no dealings with the middle Eastern country), they are loathe to openly express the ways in which they part ways with Israel ideologically.

In fact, the Obama administration was really the first major Western country to publicly disagree with the Israeli government in ways that went beyond mild consternation.

Bibi's loathing of Obama, I suspect, has a racial tinge, unfortunately. If you see the way the Ethiopian Jews are mistreated and continue to be so in Israel, it's not difficult to be aware of the dynamic of race and color fueling certain dynamics regarding perceptions in Israeli society, certainly with Bibi himself.

By the way, no one in the media talks about the Ethiopian Jews boycotting military service due to the prejudice that they face.

• Members

Yeah, but I think there is reason to fear who will replace him. Israel's left is in more disarray then ours is.

And I do find I somewhat ironic that Democrats are supporting Palestine. Try being gay or a woman in Gaza. Try stepping out of line and you'll find yourself being dragged to death behind a motorcycle or hung.  I do agree that occupations are always going to be a stain on the occupying force. Humans who have absolute power over others always abuse it, but a "free Palestine" is going to be a hell hole too. Also, anyone who thinks the terrorism will end is dreaming. Still, I'm rooting for a two state solution to happen as soon as possible. Let the chips fall where they may. I guess that's easy to say when you don't live there though.

• Members

You know I am no conspiracy theorist - I do believe Russian propaganda was used in our election, but Moscow News is reporting that the Chief of Staff to Putin associate Igor Sechin - the one who met w/Trump aide Carter Page - was found dead in Russia. Could all be coincidence but it does make one wonder. This was back in December.

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/top-rosneft-exec-found-dead-in-moscow-56649

Edited by JaneAusten