The Politics Thread

• Members

Yup, and the DOJ is making it clear that the FBI's (aka Comey) release of the memo would be inconsistent with the policies of the DOJ. 

Meanwhile Trump has a court date for a rape case brought by a plaintiff who was 13 years old at the time.  Somehow Hillary's e-mails are important but apparently this is not.

Please register in order to view this content

Looks like many in the criminal justice community are taken aback by Comey's series of actions as well.

Comey's disclosure shocks former prosecutors

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Interesting tweet but we pretty much all knew about this.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/792154084698689537

Why doesn't the embed feature work reliably anymore??

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

https://www.yahoo.com/news/comey-wrote-bombshell-letter-to-congress-before-fbi-had-reviewed-new-emails-220219586.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

When FBI Director James Comey wrote his bombshell letter to Congress on Friday about newly discovered emails that were potentially “pertinent” to the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server, agents had not able to review any of the material, because the bureau had not yet gotten a search warrant to read them, three government officials who have been briefed on the probe told Yahoo News.

Sending out a letter before even reviewing the material or even obtaining a warrant to view the material could be a serious violation of the law on the part of the FBI Director.

• Members

Maybe I'm jaded, but even if what Comey did deserves consequences (i.e. losing his position), I doubt it happens. So goes the long tradition of CYA. All bluster but, in the end, no action. That said, I do believe this was completely political and I hope his ass is roasted for it, even if nothing else comes of it.

• Members

Looks like the polls were tightening in various states like Florida and nationally even before Comey. It seems like people always act appalled by Trump but then fall back into line. Various races like WI Senate (Feingold has always been a poor campaigner) are also tightening. It's frightening to think that people are stupid or complacent enough to where Trump might win and Democrats might pick up one or two Senate seats at best. Maybe this Comey mess is a good thing as it will further remind Hillary voters to take nothing for granted.