Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Her staff clearly wrote that; Hillary always signs her tweets off with the letter "H". 

Meanwhile, former Cruz staffer Amanda Carpenter chastises men in the GOP--including her former boss, Ted Cruz--for not denouncing Trump after his sexual assault comments were unearthed a few weeks ago: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/10/25/carpenter-op-ed/

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

Thanks for posting. This is truly a testament to this election year

An Op - Ed by former Ted Cruz Communications Director on how the GOP has abandoned women

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/10/25/carpenter-op-ed/

I hope people here, especially the men read this.  I know it's entertaining to make fun of Trump and disturbing to discuss all the awful damaging things he and done and said, it's hard to say what's worse. But for me, like I am sure 2008 was for many African Americans, a call to women.  While yes so many minority groups have been pushed aside, looked aside this election, adnd yes it's outrageous that it took a tape with Trump talking about assault to get attention, this entire election has been most damaging and eye opening to women. Even from those by the way on the extreme left, who ignored us and minority groups also. It's not just about Trump and the massive coverage, it's watching and reading millions of pieces ignoring the silent majority. Seeing people wish the 19th amendment was never passed because men know better. I'm not naïve to the fact we still live in a patriarchal society, but to have it in your face on a daily basis is too much. That's frankly why I believe women are coming out in droves this election and saying enough.

• Members

Looks like some of the polls in places like NH, NV and FL are tightening. I guess these states will always be close, but sometimes it seems like Trump has to do something terrible on a constant basis to be seen as a real threat. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

They say sunlight is the most effective disinfectant, so I'm glad there is more consistent reporting of voter suppression efforts going on under cover of darkness but still, it is so disheartening and I hope this forces greater scrutiny of the GOP and helps restore voting registration rights to everyone unfairly targeted.

Trump campaign boasts of ‘major voter suppression’ effort targeting women and black people

North Carolina Republicans Tried to Disenfranchise a 100-Year-Old African-American Woman

• Members

I see we're back again but I'm betting the double-space problem still isn't fixed.

Well, maybe.

Anyway, here's some of what you may have missed: Besides one outlier poll the press is relentlessly flogging in the hopes of saving the horse race til election day, Hillary is way ahead, as well as tying Trump up in brutal polls from right-leaning Quinnipiac.

Meanwhile, Trump suggests we 'just cancel the election and give it to Trump.'

Oh, and Russia got hacked.

Finally: The Democrats go back into Florida, hoping to finish Rubio.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The comments in there are frightening, if not surprising, including more people following Joe Walsh (the hack ex-Congressman)'s call to arms. 

Another epitaph for a media darling. (if only media darling Marco could join him in cushy job oblivion after this year)

http://www.politico.com/states/new-jersey/story/2016/10/bridgegate-christies-parting-gift-to-new-jersey-republicans-106757

The strong likelihood that the GOP will keep the Senate disgusts me even more now that they are openly saying what is obvious anyway - they will block any SCOTUS nominee Hillary chooses.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-sen-ted-cruz-raises-the-prospect-of-1477573201-htmlstory.html