The Politics Thread

• Members

Oh, I've been seeing article after article about the modest ways in which individuals are boycotting Trump products. From the once faithful customers who now refuse to purchase his ties and are destroying or selling what they have. To the women who have bought, then immediately set about returning dresses and shoes from Ivanka's clothing line. To the avid golfers who are refusing to book vacations at his golf resort, choosing other alternatives instead. Not to mention the small companies and startups that are refusing to book their conventions and meetings at the hotels that bear his name.

I read that New Yorker article about the travails of his DC hotel, I am also reading about tenants in the NYC towers that bear his name (most of which he no longer owns, but leases his name to the owners) are sending petitons to the rest of the building's occupants to get the Trump name removed from the buildings, some already removing the Trump name from welcome mats in front of the building as well as from the uniform from doormen and building staff.  But I guess Trump has found another hobby to pursue other than the presidency, a TV station as I read that he's already tested out a model on Facebook Live yesterday. It's only his followers who think that Trump is devoted to helping anything other than his own bank account.  

He is truly odious. I've believed this since I was a kid and saw him on the news bellowing about executing teenagers and I will always believe it.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That was a great commercial, I love the way that actor talks and lights his cigarette to lend some drama to it all.    I agree with everything that guy said, but my point wasn't vote for Trump, my point is the fact Trump went to parties made it to news sites is why 99% of all qualified people cannot run for office.   Let him who has never gone to a party cast the first stone I guess, and if they never went to a party I'll never vote for them.    The churchgoing mentality of america makes me sick.   "Oh my god, he had sex!"  "Oh heavens, he tried drugs!".       Somewhere out there is a guy perfectly qualified to be president but he can't run because he didn't grow up in a convent.

• Members

Bill Clinton was elected president twice and I don't recall his convent like upbringing and background. I'm trying to see one person who's attacking him for going to parties in the 80's. There is a big difference between going to a sex party and forcing yourself on women. Or is someone at the age of 59 still a kid claiming he kisses women forcibly and grabbing their genitals? The only reason these women allegedly came forward was because he claimed it was only talk and he'd never done what he was discussing. None of them are suing him. And please with the nonsense this is a conspiracy. Just maybe women are tired of being discounted time and time again. Bill Cosby had over 40 women come forward, and there are still people who defend him

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Great piece on Hillary Clinton's unfair treatment by the MSM and press. Also discussing the unfairness and oversight of the Clinton supporter, of which I am one and have been so for years. I can't tell anyone here how almost emotionally beat up I feel as a single white woman being made to believe my vote and my support doesn't matter while having to read/see hundreds of stories on the white male neglected Trump supporter. It's not just about the over coverage of Trump and his supporters, it's the diminishing of Clinton and many of millions of us who love and support her. Women, minorities, yes even white men who adore her ignored for the benefit of an alleged "lack of enthusiasm factor". Makes me ill. But those of us so ignored are going to be the ones who are electing our first female president.

http://shareblue.com/theyre-already-trying-to-erase-what-they-did-to-hillary-clinton/

That had to be hard for them to admit. I wish I saw it.

• Members

They've always had it in for the Clintons, especially Maureen Dowd.  She has spent 25 years ragging on both Clintons for some reason.   Yes, the media was harder on her because she was a woman, I think that was always going to be a given.   Even little things like what she wears or if she looks tired...you never see that apply to men.    The media did ignore their responsibilities when it came to Trump.  Fox news doesn't count because it is just a propaganda station, but MSNBC of all networks covered Trump non-stop for a year with Joe Scarborough and self-proclaimed democrat Mika Brzezinski being his biggest cheerleaders until they had a falling out.   Even in recent weeks desperate to find a narrative they have tried to say the horse race is still close.   I guess anything can happen.  A 15% chance of winning means that person will win one out of even seven tries so Trump winning is not out of the realm of possibility, but Joe and Mika have been working doubletime trying to prop Trump's chances up lately while fretting every misstep Hillary makes.

I think she is so interesting.   It is as if there is a real journalist there struggling to get out while working in the shadow of FOX News where no serious journalism is allowed.     I think she will wind up leaving that network.